Best Cloud Storage for Business
Get Free Trial
Compare Top 5 Cloud Storage Solutions of 2020
Features in the Best Cloud Storage for Business
FileCloud Online offers better features for business file-sharing. FileCloud is a reliable and a highly secure solution with unparalleled technology, features such as granular file-sharing, device management, team folders, data leak protection, metadata, content classification, custom branding and more.
FileCloud Online integrates powerful data governance features such as complete document life cycle management, retention, archival, legal and admin hold. Our Smart DLP and Intelligent content classification system offers seamless security to protect business enterprise content. Our Smart DLP system offers rule based contextual protection for your enterprise content.
FileCloud Online Enterprise costs just 18000$ per year. Other online file sharing solutions are much expensive and even lack some relevant features. FileCloud Online Enterprise offers all the features a system admin requires in a single plan with unlimited free client/ partner accounts.
Feature Comparison Between FileCloud Online, Dropbox, Citrix ShareFile, Box and Egnyte
All Solutions Are Summarized With Important Details Below!
|FileCloud Online (Enterprise Plan)||Citrix ShareFile (Premium Plan)||Dropbox Business (Advanced)||Egnyte (Premium)||Box (Business Plus)|
|Pricing for 100 users/year||$18000||$29000||$24000||$24000||$30000|
|File Sync and Share|
|Large File Support, max file size||Unlimited||100 GB||20 GB||10 GB||5 GB|
|Free Client Accounts|
|Granular Folder Share Permissions|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Storage Limitation||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||10 TB||Unlimited|
|Endpoint Backup (Multiple folders)|
|Desktop Sync – Linux|
|Customization, Branding||Custom branding, White label, Emails, ToS Policies etc|
|Access Control, Integration with existing file systems|
|FIPS 140-2 (U.S. government security standard)|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Data Governance (Automatic document life cycle management)||Upgrade|
|Network Share Versioning|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Desktop Single Sign-On|
|Office Add-on Integration|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit, Admin and Disaster Recovery Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Built-in Ransomware Protection|
|Cross-Site Replication (ServerLink)|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Role Based Administration|
Check out the cloud storage offerings that provide the best returns on your investment by virtue of their ease of use, price, stability, and feature sets:
Dropbox has been a dominant player in the file-sharing market. However, recent uninformed price hikes, forced upgrades, privacy issues and non-consensual application installations has forced long-term Dropbox clients to start looking for effective alternatives. We provide exactly the same set of features with FileCloud Online. FileCloud Online is a powerful, award-winning, enterprise file-sharing, sync and endpoint product hosted on AWS infrastructure. We have been recognized by the Gartner Customers’ Choice Award in 2018 and 2019, and were named in the 2018 Gartner MQ for Content Collaboration Platform.
With a massive variety of choices for data-center regions — US East, US West, EU, Australia and Hong Kong, we aim to meet all your sharing needs, from data residency requirements to low latency access. In addition to file-sharing and syncing, FileCloud Online also offers endpoint PC, mobile and file-server backups to your cloud. Our platform allows for full customization: our clients can use their own logos, domain names to create the professional branding and user-experience of their company vision. Our files are protected securely through customer encryption keys, and all of our clients receive legendary support from professional engineers who will work with you to ensure your deployment is a huge success.
Box and FileCloud Online offer secure content management platform for businesses and enterprises. Both platforms are built for businesses and offer powerful features to securely manage your enterprise content. Important security features like Box Governance, Keysafe, DLP and 3rd party integrations are only available on Enterprise suites which costs more than their business pricing. Compared to Box pricing, FileCloud Online offers transparent pricing and superior ROI. With FileCloud Online, all powerful security features are available under enterprise plan (costs only 15$ per user per month. Volume discounts are available). Box Business Plus costs 25$ per user per year which is 70% higher than FileCloud Online Enterprise pricing. For 100 users FileCloud Online can save over 12000$ over Box. In addition to cost savings, powerful governance and Smart DLP functionalities, FileCloud Online also offers optional hybrid cloud capabilities which included features like file server backup/sync to the cloud and vice versa.
Egnyte and FileCloud Online offer a very similar set of features in enterprise file sharing solution for businesses. Unlike competitors, both Egnyte and FileCloud Online offer unique hybrid cloud capabilities to synchronize local file severs to the cloud and vice versa. Egnyte StorageSync uses a locally installed virtual appliance to provide the hybrid cloud capability while FileCloud doesn’t require a separate virtual appliance. One can use their existing windows file servers to act as a local file storage that is synchronized to the cloud. When compared to FileCloud Online, Egnyte is very expensive. Most of the important features required by system administrators like Role-based Administration, Multiple Entity Management, Native AD/LDAP Integration, SAML SSO Integration and Archiving Service are available only with Egnyte Enterprise plan (Higher priced plan than Egnyte Business plan).
Compared to Sharefile, FileCloud Online offers powerful data security features in-addition to the basic file sharing features. FileCloud’s governance module offers advanced data leak prevention, document retention, archival and legal hold functionalities in-addition to standard auditing. FileCloud data governance features are ideal for high security, external file sharing use cases like virtual data rooms, partner and client portals. External file sharing use cases are prone for accidental sharing and data leaks. FileCloud’s Smart DLP capabilities can prevent accidental sharing of PII data. FileCloud Online offers powerful admin portal that offers detailed audit trial (what, when, who,where and how) and device management capabilities (remote wipe/block) to protect your enterprise content. System administrators can monitor all the file shares by users and can also keep track of system activity to monitor unusual access patterns for maximum security. They can also revoke any user shares from the admin portal.
Not all businesses are same hence you should select a solution that solves unique needs of your business. Here are the top factors to consider FileCloud when selecting a cloud storage solution.
- Remote/Mobile Access – secure access to remote files from variety of devices including mobile devices
- File Synchronization – synchronize across devices and operating systems, including mobile devices
- File Sharing – option to share files as link with users inside or outside an organization. Granular file sharing options such as private, public, password protected sharing.
- Team Collaboration – common team folders for teams to sync and share files. Ability to send messages, comment on files and have threads of conversation
- Effective User Interface – a good solution would have a right balance between ‘ease of use’ and richness of features. Intuitive features such as “drag and drop” files for upload.
- Virtual Drive aka “streaming” or “on-demand sync” – mount remote files as local files. Files are downloaded only when they are accessed and edited. Consumers get access to all their remote files without using much local memory.
- Content Creation, Collaboration – offer integration with Microsoft Office 365, Collabora or Google Docs to create, edit and co-author files.
- Administrator Tools – user management, user policy management, centralized device dashboard, real-time performance reporting and security tools.
- Integration – connect with existing infrastructure, enterprise file servers and storage.
- Customization – custom branding across user interfaces (logos, url customization), communications (emails) and policies.
- Data Governance and Compliance – granular file access control, user policy management, centralized devices dashboard, and data residency. Compliance with regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), HIPAA
- Search – indexes content across repositories for efficient search, and offers advance search using patterns and search filters.
- Security and Data Protection – remote data wiping, strong encryption, data loss prevention (DLP), two factor authentication (2FA) and alerts on unusual activities.
- Content Analytics – provide insights on system usage, user collaborations, external interactions and risk/ vulnerabilities.
- Basic Content Management – versioning, metadata classification, user policy management, light workflows.
- APIs – a wide range of APIs to extend existing features and integrate with other applications.
- Data Portability – ability to move files to another system. Limited vendor lock-in.
- Identity Management – integrates with standard enterprise identity Active Directory (AD), and Single Sign On etc.
- Deployment models – deploy solutions across public, hybrid or private clouds, and on-premises.
- Total Cost of Ownership – some solutions offer some unique cost saving features e.g. FileCloud offers features such as unlimited free partner accounts, which could save you thousands of dollars.
Sign up for a 14 day FREE trial
Picking the Right Cloud Storage Solution
Picking the right cloud solution according to your business needs might result in greater productivity and decreased internal resources and overhead costs. No wonder companies are shying away from expensive infrastructure and hardware and placing more apps and files directly in the cloud.
However, many organizations need a detailed overview of each solution to understand which is the right fit for them. The market is saturated with cloud storage and sync solutions, each claiming it offers the “best” security, scalability and low-cost storage.
It is imperative to understand what works for your company before handing over your hard-earned cash. Few important aspects as summarized in the comparison table above as well to look for are:-
- Security Features
- Cloud Storage pricing
- Unlimited Storage
- Free Client Accounts
- Collaboration features
- Ease of User interface
- Customer Support
- Regular feature updates
“Easy integration of FileCloud with our existing network drive structure was superb"
How to Find a Secure Cloud Storage Solution?
Many enterprise managers with responsibility to find a secure file share solution don’t have a clue where to start looking.
After all, there is no guarantee that the most popular platform in the industry will necessarily fit your company’s requirements. As a result, it all boils down to what features are present in the solution and how efficiently they help get the job done.
Ideally, the file-sharing platform for your business should provide offline access to cloud-hosted files and support multiple client management. It should company with industry regulatory bodies like SOX and HIPPA and offer business-class collaboration and security features.
Check the feature list to see if the Cloud Solution provides following security features
- 2 factor authentication
- Ransomware protection
- End-point backup
- End to end encryption
- Data loss prevention
- AES 256-bit encryption to store files at rest
- SSL/TLS secure tunnel for files transmission
“We love FileCloud’s simplicity, mobile apps, and above all, responsiveness of FileCloud team”