CodeLathe Delivers High Availability Architecture and Boosts Performance With FileCloud 7.0
FileCloud 7.0 Ensures Access Privileges Within Enterprises Are Preserved While Bringing the Power of the Cloud to Their Existing File and Storage Systems
AUSTIN, TX– Oct 15, 2014 – CodeLathe, empowering enterprises to run their own private customized clouds, today announced FileCloud 7.0, a best-in-class file sharing solution that enables enterprises to self-host cloud-based file sharing and syncing. Enhancements now available in FileCloud 7.0 include a high-availability architecture and faster LAN performance.
“FileCloud has long been the least disruptive way for enterprises to give their employees the functionality of the cloud using existing corporate infrastructure,” said Madhan Kanagavel, CodeLathe’s CEO. “Our latest release, with best-in-class features and performance wrapped in a simple, cost-effective package, establishes FileCloud as a clear leader in the enterprise file-sharing market. With FileCloud 7.0, users gain access to the important information they want anytime, anywhere through an easy-to-deploy, intuitive solution.”
Highlights of the new FileCloud 7.0 release include:
- High Availability Architecture Support – FileCloud 7.0 now enables servers to be configured for a High Availability (HA) environment, improving service reliability, reducing downtime and delivering availability greater than 99.99 percent. The HA deployment uses a classic three-tier approach with load balancer handling the client traffic, application server nodes to serve requests and redundant database servers to store application data.
- 3x Faster LAN Upload Speeds – Enhancements to FileCloud 7.0 have resulted in 3x faster performance in the LAN, compared to previous versions, which have beaten other public cloud services in performance tests.
- Improved Windows 8.1 Features – Accessing remote files in Windows 8.1 is now simpler. Users can mount remote files as a drive in their Windows 8.1 PCs and access the files as they would access local files.
- Support for Network Share Versioning – FileCloud 7.0 is the only private cloud sharing product in the market that supports versioning of files stored in network shares. It enables users to retrieve older versions of a file in a shared network folder, even when other users overwrite the file through FileCloud.
- Improved NTFS Integration – With enhanced NTFS support, FileCloud 7.0 streamlines integration, allowing enterprises to extend their existing access privileges for files and shared folders to the cloud. Using FileCloud, enterprises can provide access to files from anywhere, on any device, without having to change internal processes or retrain employees.
When moving to the public cloud, enterprises often struggle to replicate existing user permissions, processes and network-shared folders stored locally. FileCloud 7.0 eliminates these challenges and duplication by utilizing existing file storage and access infrastructure to create a secure, private cloud. Since most enterprises already have servers and pay for bandwidth, the cost of adding FileCloud 7.0 is marginal, and the solution is available with a simple pricing model that includes many features and customization that typically cost extra in competing solutions.
“We considered a variety of options when we wanted to move to the cloud, from Microsoft products to public clouds to establishing a VPN. But we rejected these because they were not accessible to our users, many of whom are blind and require screen readers, or the solutions were too costly,” said Norma Crosby, who serves on the human resources and office management team of the National Federation of the Blind of Texas. “FileCloud was the ideal solution, because it allows us to control our data, and FileCloud mobile apps allow our blind users to access all the information on our servers in the same way our sighted volunteers can.”
FileCloud 7.0 is now available. For more information or to try FileCloud for free, please visit www.getfilecloud.com.