Enterprise File Sharing for Distributed Enterprises Using FileCloud Serverlink
A distributed global enterprise can run FileCloud instances in multiple regions replicated via FileCloud ServerLink technology to improve performance, reduce file access latency, increase data redundancy, enable high availability and disaster recovery.
FileCloud helps teams work seamlessly from anywhere and collaborate as if they are located in the same office. An organization might want a FileCloud site locally on the LAN for fast local access and a remote site on the AWS cloud for remote file access.
What are the Pros of using FileCloud Serverlink ?
- Reduce Latency – With a single server, users in remote branch offices will observe latency when accessing files remotely. To alleviate the problem, the branch offices can have their own FileCloud instance and FileCloud ServerLink technology synchronizes files across multiple FileCloud instances reducing latency
- Increase Data Redundancy – It offers complete data redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities. Even if one site goes down users can access the files from a different site. This increases the protection by making multiple copies of the files covering many regions. This is done with the help of moving the files between data centers located in different places.
- Highly Scalable – FileCloud ServerLink is highly scalable. It is ideal for large organizations with offices in different geographical regions. FileCloud ServerLink technology synchronizes files across multiple FileCloud sites located in different data centers.
FileCloud ServerLink Deployment
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to another location. Changes in one FileCloud server are seamlessly replicated to another site. FileCloud replication has the concept of a master site and a slave site. There can be many slave sites connected to a master site. Changes that happen in the master replicate to the slave. Similarly changes that happen in the slave replicate to the master. When there are multiple slaves, if a change happens in one slave, that change is propagated to all slaves as well as the master. Replication is done by running the replication client on the slaves. Replication clients are not required to be run on the master.
Changes in one FileCloud server are seamlessly replicated to another site,
Replicated data includes the following:
- Files and Folders (Managed Storage Only)
- User Accounts
- User Groups
- Favorites and Favorite Lists
- File and Folder Shares
- Folder Level Permissions
What Can Serverlink do?
1) Enable Hybrid Cloud Scenarios
The adoption of hybrid cloud continues to grow as many organizations blend LAN and cloud infrastructure to support many new business scenarios. In the case of FileCloud, one instance can run locally on the LAN for fast local access, and another site could run on AWS /Azure for remote file access outside the firewall. The experience will be seamless for users, who will continue to use the same FileCloud app and clients when they are at their offices as they would from any remote location. In the background, a local FileCloud site will be connected by ServerLink to the remote FileCloud site on the AWS/Azure cloud to ensure data is replicated.
2) Serve Users from Nearest AWS/Azure Region
A distributed global enterprise can run FileCloud instances in multiple AWS/Azure regions replicated via FileCloud ServerLink. Employees in a geographic region will be served from a FileCloud instance running in the nearest AWS datacenter. Such a setup would improve performance, reduce file access latency, increase data redundancy, and enable high availability and disaster recovery. In countries like Australia, serving from a local AWS vs. US data center would offer a big boost in performance.
3) Use AWS for Backup/Failover
An organization can have an additional FileCloud site as a standby or backup so that if the primary site goes down then the standby instance can be available for operation. Many organizations increasingly use cloud backup to prevent data loss. In the case of FileCloud, in addition to replicating files/folders, it also replicates all related data such as users, groups, comments.
FileCloud’s ServerLink technology can alleviate the problem of latency and improve productivity. With ServerLink, organizations can have branch offices run their own FileCloud site, which would improve the access speed significantly and FileCloud ServerLink technology would synchronize files across headquarters and the branch offices.
FileCloud ServerLink takes care of the complexity of replicating and syncing data across multiple FileCloud sites. This offering would be another step towards our mission of giving compelling options that help our customers select the right cloud model for them