FileCloud’s Version 21.1 is Faster, More Accessible, and Packs in a Host of Enhancements
FileCloud Version 21.1 was designed to help you get your work done more quickly and more efficiently. Version 21.1 is 66% faster than the previous version, handles higher loads, and is more extensible. In addition, to meet VPAT Guideline 2.1, all functionality is available through keyboard shortcuts.
Version 21.1 also introduces a number of enhancements and new features that make your work easier and expand your options.
Let’s look at some of these new capabilities now.
Updated User Interface for FileCloud Drive
FileCloud Drive is FileCloud’s client application that lets you access files in the server the same way you access them in Windows. With Version 21.1, Drive not only has a new, simpler user interface but also a new log-in wizard that makes it easy to set up and change your Drive configuration.
The new Drive dashboard makes it easy to view live actions, past activity, and settings. It also makes it simple to open file explorer and perform searches.
Role-based Admin Users (Promoted Admins)
In FileCloud, admin users (promoted admins) are users who have been given any number of admin privileges. Admin users can log into the Admin portal and execute any of the operations they have permission to perform.
Up until now, each admin user was directly assigned permissions to general areas of the system, such as Users and Device Management. With FileCloud Version 21.1, admin roles are created and given read, create, update, and/or delete permissions to each area. Then admin users are assigned to these roles, making it easy for you to give the same permissions to multiple users.
See Manage Admin Users for more information.
Microsoft Office Sensitivity Metadata
Microsoft Office provides sensitivity labels that users can apply to files to indicate the type of information they contain (for example, Public or Confidential). FileCloud now automatically extracts this data with other Microsoft Office Tag metadata.
Note: Office Sensitivity Metadata must be configured in your system for extraction to be successful.
ServerLink, FileCloud’s tool for replicating changes between an organization’s primary and secondary servers, has been upgraded to include a new Fast mode, more frequent error alerts, and more detailed information.
- Fast mode lets you eliminate unnecessary system processes so you can sync more quickly.
- Error alerts, which were previously sent to admins every 4 hours, are now sent once per hour.
- In ServerLink’s Status tab, nodes now display user and file counts as well as the node name and the number of journal records.
Additional enhancements in FileCloud Version 21.1 include:
- Upgrades to FileCloud’s system applications, bringing them up to their most recent versions:
- Apache 2.4.46
- PHP 7.4.16
- MongoDB 4.2.13
- SOLR 8.8.2
- OpenSSL 1.1.1k
- FileCloud Drive support for Big Sur running on Apple Silicon. Note: A change to your security settings is required.
- FileCloud Sync and ServerSync support for installation on Linux.
- A new two-step verification process that increases security when upgrading FileCloud.
And There’s More
We’ve only shown you some of the new things that Version 21.1 brings to FileCloud. For the full set of new features, see the FileCloud Server 21.1 Release Notes.