FileCloud, today announced the inaugural release of its Annual Enterprise Cloud & Data Security Report. According to the report, enterprises remain remarkably passive about advancing their cloud efforts and complying with GDPR — despite being aware of the risks. With security issues, GDPR enforcement and cloud-based data management more critical than ever, FileCloud uncovered what enterprises worry about, and what they avoid confronting.
FileCloud and technology marketplace
“More enterprise organizations are recognizing the power and
The ability to enable collaboration while simultaneously addressing data governance has led enterprise organizations to refine the future of data management. Report findings examine the critical challenges companies face and the impact of moving to a multi-cloud infrastructure for reliability, privacy and cost.
Key research findings include:
- 64% of businesses believe using personal sharing apps for storing and sharing office documents is the top threat for data security within an organization
- 82% of company admins think employees/users are the weakest
linkwhen it comes to data security
- 58% of enterprises utilize the public cloud with 42% using the private cloud
- 1 in 2 companies say they will not move mission-critical workloads to a public cloud environment
- 64% of admins say GDPR does not affect their company
- Respondents said the top three factors for selecting a cloud provider — 68% reliability, 50% total cost of ownership, 54% data ownership
For more information and to download FileCloud’s Annual Enterprise Cloud & Data Security Report, please visit: https://www.getfilecloud.com/annual-enterprise-cloud-data-security-report/