FileCloud today announced data governance features to enable automatic document life cycle management. Designed for data governance of regulated industries, FileCloud empowers organizations to automate the creation, retention, archival and deletion of files across on-premises and public cloud environments.
Enterprise organizations are placing great emphasis on data governance as content management continues to evolve and various industries become bound by regulations.FileCloud Governance was designed to be a single, comprehensive platform that enables companies to manage enterprise content collaboration and enforce strict retention schedules to avoid regulatory penalties for noncompliance.
“With the growing number of files across an organization, businesses today are facing increased data silos and the proliferation of document versions,” said Madhan Kanagavel, CEO, FileCloud.“Data governance is a critical component to ensuring the integrity and security of the data within the documents; without this organizations are left vulnerable to data leaks or attacks. FileCloud aims to become a system of record, also known as a single source of truth, for all documents within large to small enterprise organizations.”
Governance features and benefits include:
● Legal Hold: Freezing of digital content to aid discovery or legal challenges
● Archival: Moving and storing of organizational content, records or artifacts
● Retention: Automation of file retention for a specified period of time before the deletion or archival of files.
● Trash Retention: Set user privileges to limit who can permanently delete files to reduce data loss or data leak risk
● Compliance: Reinforce policies and regulatory requirements, including GDPR, and FINRA — SEC17a-3, SEC 17a-4 compliance, across platforms.
“We were looking for a solution that not only allowed sharing and collaboration but maintained the highest security,” said Kendel Marrou, PMP, MCSA, Application Support Specialist at New Braunfels Utilities. “FileCloud offers a secured platform that enables content collaboration and management with encryption in-transit and at rest, two-factor authentication, anti-virus scanning, and industry best practices throughout. FileCloud gives us complete control over where our data resides and how data is governed.”
Governance is available for FileCloud Enterprise Edition users. Find out more about FileCloud: