Data Leak Prevention Technology:
Data leak prevention technology keeps sensitive corporate data secure by identifying potential data breaches and helping to eliminate them. DLP software classifies, regulates confidential business data, and identifies data violations typically driven by regulatory compliance such as Federal laws, HIPAA, FINRA, and EU-GDPR. Once the violation or data breach is identified, DLP enforces immediate remedial measures such as alert messages, access restriction, and other measures that prevent end-users from sharing data that could put the organization in jeopardy.
What Is Data Leak Prevention?
Data leak prevention (DLP) combines the power of security tools and strategic processes to ensure that company’s confidential data is not lost, misused, or accessed by unauthorized users. Simply put, Data leak prevention is a strategy that makes sure that end users are not able to intentionally or accidentally destroy or steal the company’s data. The enterprise must have a data leak prevention policy so that all the access control are predefined and linked to the data.
This prevention strategy should be covered by the EFSS solution which you use to store and share organization files. With the correct data protection policies and systems, you will be able to reduce or eliminate data leak incidents.
Top Data Leak Prevention Solutions 2020
FileCloud offers 360° protection with smart data leak prevention technology to ensure accidental data leakage. FileCloud’s real-time data prevention capabilities control user actions (login, download, share) based on the IP range, team groups, user types, email domain, folder paths, metadata and many more rules. FileCloud also integrates with existing security information and event management (SIEM) tools to provide more stringent data leak prevention. FileCloud’s evaluates user actions in real-time and logs rule violation reports for future auditing.
FileCloud helps enterprises comply with HIPAA, FINRA, ITAR, EU-GDPR, and other data privacy regulations. Smart DLP can be extended to the on-premise server as well as the cloud server, thereby offering flexibility to businesses in selecting the right fit for them.
Dropbox offers a data leak prevention technology solution in collaboration with Symantec. The security to the Dropbox cloud is provided by Symantec CloudSOC that safeguards organization against data loss and threats that targets cloud accounts. The Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technology by Dropbox protects businesses against any threats that may impose danger. The post data analysis of user activity helps in identifying the potential threat that an insider could pose to the confidential data.
Box data leak prevention technology helps with data security, access control and mitigates security challenges. Box DLP helps in avoiding the deletion or exposure of confidential data stored on company networks and servers. Box offers granular access permissions, and activity monitoring and significantly reduces data security risks associated with malicious activity and unauthorized sharing.
Egnyte DLP solution helps in identifying, classifying, and protecting your business data. Egnyte takes a proactive approach in content governance and provides insights into detecting unusual file behavior. File access control in real-time ensures that businesses can be strategic in their approach while deciding the security rules. The intuitive self-service experience that Egnyte offers help in protecting your business data and keep you compliant with latest business regulation.
Citrix’s ShareFile data leak prevention technology is offered in partnership with Digital Guardian and Code Green Networks. This solution mitigates the risk of data leakage by leveraging ShareFile’s APIs to move or revoke access to the files that contained sensitive information. You can classify and restrict data flow thereby having more control over the security aspect of the storage and data transfer. This allows you to find a sweet spot between security and usability that best fits your organization.
Microsoft OneDrive’s DLP policy identifies sensitive information including financial data and personally identifiable information. The sensitive information is monitored and protected from accidental sharing. It helps in staying compliant with the global guidelines without interrupting the data workflows. Also, you can view the DLP reports that help you make better security decisions. With OneDrive’s DLP you can restrict the sharing of sensitive data, define actions that must be taken in case of a data breach, audit incident reports, and set priority for user accounts.
How FileCloud Data Leak Prevention Technology Safeguards Your Data
- Detects threats in FileCloud accounts: Using advanced data science and machine learning technology we analyze the user activity and identify risks that pose a threat to your business data.
- Protects data in FileCloud accounts with Smart DLP: Protect your business data in FileCloud with the same policy frameworks and workflows that your company uses across your organization.
- Network control and flexibility in inter-operability: Empower organizations to limit the use of unauthorized personal accounts on networks while allowing access to company-managed accounts using access control settings.
- Detects risky user activity: User activity Analytics identifies potentially risky user activity and enables automated policy controls to secure your business data and accounts.
- Powerful encryption technology to protect user data: Protecting your organization data with automated policies and encryption to prevent accidental or malicious sharing of data.
- 360 ° analysis of user activity: Quickly assess activity that may impact your FileCloud accounts with detailed information and extensive log filtering capabilities.
Advantages of FileCloud’s Data Leak Prevention:
- Data protection from external and internal threats: DLP can detect files that contain confidential data and prohibit them from leaving the network. The sensitive data transfers can be instantly blocked using Smart DLP in case of a data breach. Apart from this, DLP policies also provide for quarantine or encryption of data in real-time in response to events.
- Auditing capabilities and compliance with regulations: Accountability in terms of collection, storage, and sensitive data needs a mechanism for the compliance and auditing capability fills that gap. Consequences of non-compliance can include fines or complete cessation of business operations. DLP sought out a path that provides control, policy template, automate compliance, and the collection and reporting of metrics.
- Forensic data and E-discovery: DLP technology allows for capturing and archiving of evidence for forensic data analysis. Monitoring via DLP can include email, instant messaging, keystrokes, documents accessed, and application used. Also, in case of a lawsuit or investigation, the forensic data can be used as evidence when data is sought in electronic format.
- Automate corporate governance: DLP capabilities help you in the enforcement and automation of corporate policies and processes. This can bring in technical and organizational efficiencies, promote compliance, and bring in transparency in information governance. Automate corporate governance enables for selecting an appropriate policy template on your system that will help in bringing in more accountability.
- Complementary data controls: DLP comes with complementary data controls such as data classification and data tagging, encryption, security information and event management, and incident response system. These features ensure that your complete data is safe on the cloud storage system. Complementary control along with DLP ensures that no data is accidentally exposed. DLP can monitor data in transit, at rest, and ensure that it is safeguarded and protected.
Use Case: Limiting the Web login to a Specific Group of Users
With FileCloud’s Smart DLP you can limit certain external users to log in only through a web interface and no other means for accessing the account. You can create a Smart DLP rule that allows login to FileCloud account through a web browser only. These rules are easy to implement and provide flexibility in the security of the data. FileCloud’s Smart DLP is your goto solution for making the cloud ecosystem more transparent, accountable, and protected.