ownCloud Similar EFSS Solution
Get Free Trial →
FileCloud Is the Best ownCloud Alternative.
Best OwnCloud Alternative with Better Features and Support!
(Works on Windows Server and Linux)
Supports Windows Server
ownCloud doesn’t support Windows starting version 8.1.0. While this may be a strategic decision by ownCloud, Windows server is still used by a majority of the enterprises. FileCloud is the best ownCloud alternative that fully supports Windows and integrates with existing Windows Server. Additionally, FileCloud can synchronize local files and NTFS permissions with the cloud.
Security and Privacy
FileCloud is the best alternative to ownCloud for file sharing which comes with end to end encryption, AES 256 bit encryption, Anti-virus scanning, and Ransomware protection. FileCloud offers complete data secrecy and protection. FileCloud offers many advanced administrator features including enterprise security, device management tools, federated search and governance/ policy management tools.
Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure
FileCloud’s hybrid cloud solution provides the best of both worlds: on-premises and in the cloud. Fast, low-latency access via LAN when you are in the office and anywhere access from the cloud when you work remotely. FileCloud provides easy access to online data via internet-connected devices including smartphones. FileCloud offers easy backup and restore option and prevent data loss.
Detailed feature comparison with best owncloud alternative - FileCloud
FileCloud offers features like multi tenancy, end-point backup, offline sync, Microsoft office add-on and much more. Below comparison highlights why FileCloud is the best ownCloud alternative.
Pricing – Another reason which makes FileCloud the best ownCloud Alternative
FileCloud offers high ROI compared to ownCloud. ownCloud costs you $3,600 for 50 users annually, whereas, FileCloud is only $2,500 for 50 users annually.
OwnCloud vs FileCloud
|Business Model||$/user license||$/user license|
|Pricing for 50 users/year||$2500||$3600|
|Hosting Options & Features|
|IAAS (AWS GovCloud)|
|Run On Docker|
|Run On Linux Server|
|Run On Windows Server|
|Storage, Sync & Backup Features|
|Large File Support, max file size|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Endpoint Backup (Multiple folders)|
|ServerLink (Cross-Site Replication)|
|Mobile OS Compatibility||iOS, Android, Windows Phone||iOS, Android|
|iOS, Android Media backup|
|Activity Streams, Comments|
|Desktop Sync – Cross Platform (Windows, Mac, Linux)|
|Desktop Drive – Cross Platform (Windows, Mac)|
|Microsoft Office Add-on|
|Granular Sub Folder Permissions|
|Free unlimited Users|
|Document Web Edit (Collabora)|
|Document Web Edit (Office Online Server)|
|Customization, Branding||Custom branding, White label, Emails, ToS Policies etc||Custom branding, White label, Emails, ToS Policies etc|
|Security, Access Control & Existing File Systems Integration|
|Integrate – Existing Home Directories|
|Network Share Support|
|Network Share Versioning|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Built-in Ransomware Protection|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Two Factor Authentication(2FA)|
|Chrome Browser Extensions|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit & Admin Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Geo IP Access Reports|
|File Analytics & Reporting (Summary of Client Applications per OS & Type, User Shares, Active Files Managed, File Type Distribution)|
|Role Based Administration|
|Based on public information available as of 01/06/2019. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.|
Aspects in which ownCloud similar and differ with FileCloud?
With a plethora of cloud computing firms offering storage solutions, it becomes difficult to decide the cost-benefit analysis and pick the best EFSS solution. FileCloud is the best ownCloud similar solution. Some of the highlighting features and aspects in which FileCloud is similar and differs with ownCloud.
- Controlled File Access: FileCloud lets its user know which files are accessed or downloaded. The user can set control according to the requirement.
- Data Loss Prevention: FileCloud monitors and fix data leakages and ensure the data is safe and secure.
- Secure File Transfer: FileCloud creates a secure link to share and send a file securely to any user. The user can edit or change the document without having to change the original link.
- No Data Limit: With FileCloud user can securely send files without worrying about the file size.
- Reporting: FileCloud provides monitored reports for the usage of the account. Reports provide information regarding access audits, storage utilization and full usage history of the cloud services.
- Multiple Folder End-point Backup: This feature is not provided with the ownCloud storage system whereas FileCloud provides end-point backup for data transfer, storage, and sharing
- Offline Sync: Offline sync is provided by FileCloud whereas it is absent in OwnCloud.
- Office Add-ons: Add-ons is provided by FileCloud which makes it easy to edit and save documents by using Microsoft add-ons provided whereas it is absent in OwnCloud which makes the task tedious for users.
- Team Folders: Team folder can greatly increase working efficiency and FileCloud provides the same for its cloud storage service whereas OwnCloud doesn’t have a dedicated team folder.
- Free Limited Users: FileCloud provides unlimited client/ partner accounts unlike ownCloud which raises the ROI with FileCloud substantially.
- Powerful Admin System: FileCloud has a powerful admin system with enhanced security features for any Enterprise. You can access, share, synchronize and work on your organization’s files using any device. For enterprises, who are looking for a cost-effective ownCloud alternative, FileCloud is simply the best solution out there.
Sign up for a 14 days FREE trial
FileCloud integrates with Active Directory, NTFS, office online, Microsoft outook & office 365
End Point Backup
In addition to file sharing and sync, FileCloud offers endpoint backup. ownCloud doesn’t offer endpoint backup.
Mobile Apps, Browser Extensions
FileCloud Mobile apps are order of magnitude better than OwnCloud Mobile apps. Filecloud also provides Drive & other tools.
Branding & Customization
FileCloud offers customization options like custom logo, login screen, branded file sharing emails, Run on custom domain.
Multi Tenancy Support
Do you managed multiple branch offices? FileCloud supports multi-tenancy and reduces the overhead of maintaining multiple instances for data and access abstraction.
FileCloud offers powerful metadata management features to classify and manage files using tags and custom meta data sets.
FileCloud offers top line administration features for system admins (Device dashboard ability, detailed audit logs and reports.
Federated Search/ Compliance
FileCloud provides federated search to support e-discovery and GDPR compliant features. Check more compliant standards below.
FileCloud can be hosted on-premise or on any IaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure).
Remote Wipe Feature
FileCloud supports remote wipe of files in client devices (PCs, Mobile apps).
Multiple Active Directory
Integration with Active Directory – users can keep using the same Active Directory credentials. Not only this, a single installation of FileCloud to authenticate against many different AD servers.
Run FileCloud on Azure
FileCloud allows Businesses and Managed Service Providers to host their own end-to-end file sync, share and mobile access solution on Azure Cloud infrastructure.
Take a Quick Look at the FileCloud Advantages:-
- FileCloud allows you to Self Host It on your own premises.
- FileCloud can be used on a Windows Server.
- FileCloud allows the use of Windows Network Folders with NTFS permissions.
- FileCloud integrates with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials.
- FileCloud offers external file sharing capabilities to share files with vendors, partners, and customers.
- FileCloud allows one to remotely wipe files on client devices (PCs, mobile apps etc).
- FileCloud offers strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom metadata sets.
- FileCloud allows manual retention, sharing deletion policies and manual classifications.
- FileCloud provides powerful administration features for system admins (Device dashboard, detailed audit log, reports and much more …)
- You can change the logo and login screen, brand your file-sharing emails, and you can run it on a custom domain.
- FileCloud offers a federated search in order to support e-discovery and GDPR compliance.
- FileCloud offers security and permissions at folder/subfolder levels.
- FileCloud offers virtual drive & selective sync capabilities.
Learn more about advanced file sharing features
“Easy integration of FileCloud with our existing network drive structure was superb”
FileCloud - The best among ownCloud alternatives
Value-Focused ownCloud Alternative
- Access, upload, download, share, sync from any device
- Security and permissions at folder/sub folder levels
- FileCloud offers virtual drive – cross platform (Windows, Mac)
- Support for GDPR
- Integrated and powerful file analytics
“We liked FileCloud’s pricing, comprehensive feature set (branding, encryption) and the responsive support”
ownCloud Alternative - FileCloud offers better ROI
Do you need more workflow features to power your enterprise tasks?
Get role-based access, meta data management and control file/folder access, user groups and assign appropriate permissions or restrictions whenever needed. Get Active Directory support, allow remote access to existing Windows File servers preserving user NTFS permissions and full text search for easy use.
Secure your files with encryption protocols, Two-Factor authentication, and automatic anti-virus scanning. With smart notifications, file locking and much more, you have everything in your power to manage and control. Check the whole list of FileCloud security Features.
You can easily integrate FileCloud with office, outlook add-ons to edit documents in the browser, share large files on the go and use documents through office mobile apps from your smartphone.
- Data loss prevention
- HIPAA or FINRA compliant enterprise fileshare
- Strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom metadata sets
- Integration with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials
- Customizable workflows and Office 365 integration
- Mobile App Support
- Unlimited Versioning
- Text Search for easy file searches
- Selective Sync
- Document preview (with support for DICOM files)
- Real-time file sync
- Change tracking and audit logs
- User and role management
- Ability to control actions via user/group file/folder access
- External sharing permissions, editing policies, device location restrictions, sharing by device
“FileCloud is by far the best on-premise file sharing solution.”