Threat of Remote Code Execution
|Security Advisory Date||September 15, 2021|
|Vulnerability Type||Remote Code Execution|
Medium, because upload of most potentially harmful file types are already blocked by FileCloud, and attackers must gain unauthorized access to the system.
|Versions affected||All versions of FileCloud prior to 126.96.36.19960.|
|Version fixed||FileCloud Version 188.8.131.5260.|
Attackers with unauthorized admin privileges in FileCloud may have the ability to remotely access and control the FileCloud server, its databases, and its files by uploading files with .phtml and .phar extensions.
The latest version of FileCloud fixes this by prohibiting upload of .phtml and .phar files
This has been fixed in FileCloud version 184.108.40.20660, which blocks upload of .phtml and .phar files.
What you should do
- If you are using FileCloud on-premises, it is recommended that you update to the latest version, which is 220.127.116.1160 or greater. This will resolve the issue.
- If you are using FileCloud on-premises and do not upgrade to version 18.104.22.16860 or greater, perform the following steps to resolve the issue:
- In the FileCloud Admin portal, go to Settings > Misc > General.
- In Disallowed File Extensions, add |phar|phtml
- Click Save.
- If you are using FileCloud online, your site has already been updated to the latest version.
If you have any questions about this advisory, please contact FileCloud support.