When importing user accounts from AD groups into FileCloud Server, some AD groups that cannot be imported are still listed.
- These AD groups are built-in to perform tasks.
- In the Windows Server operating system, there are several built-in accounts and security groups that are preconfigured with the appropriate rights and permissions to perform specific tasks.
FileCloud Server version 19.1 and later has been modified to stop displaying built-in AD groups that cannot be imported.
As an administrator, you can create FileCloud user accounts by importing existing accounts from an AD group in your existing AD server.
To import users from an AD Server:
- Open a browser and log on to Admin Portal.
- Setup AD configuration or LDAP configuration depending on your requirements.
- From the left navigation panel, under USERS/GROUPS, click Users.
- To open the Import window, click Import.
- Under Import Users from Active Directory, click Import.
An AD Group Members Import dialog box opens.
- Type in the AD Group Name. A list of existing groups can also be viewed by clicking the Group List button.
- To send an email to notify each user after their account is approve, check Send Email.
- Click the Import button.
You can choose to disable a user account during import if the account is also disabled in Active Directory.
See Disable a FileCloud User Account.