You can control access to the files stored in FileCloud by configuring permissions for user accounts.
- For every user you want to access FileCloud storage, an account must exist
- Once an user account is created, it can be assigned different access levels
In FileCloud version 20.1 and later, special characters from the extended UTF8 alphabet are supported in display names.
Administrators can not create a user with an account with a name of Admin or superadmin in FileCloud Server version 19.1 and later.
- In previous versions, an administrator could create a new user with an account name of admin or superadmin.
- However, when a user opens a browser and tries to log in to the User Portal with an account name of admin, the user gets an error that this is an invalid username.
- The user sees an error that says: You are trying to login into user portal with admin account. CLFC-00035-00116
FileCloud Server has been modified to prevent an administrator in the Admin Portal from creating a user with the following names:
The administrator will receive an error that these names are not valid.