Add a new metadata set definition
To add new metadata:
- In the navigation panel, click Metadata.
- To open the Add Metadata Set Definition dialog box, click Add Metadata Set.
- Enter Name and Description and check Disabled if you don't want the metadata set to be enabled when you save. it.
- Add users or groups and specify permissions for them. Define FileCloud paths (locations) that have access to the metadata set. For more details, see Managing Metadata Permissions.
- Click Add Attribute and add at least one metadata attribute definition. For more details, see Create a New Metadata Set.
Although user / group permission widgets look very similar to share widgets, their behavior is different. Read / write permission changes for each user / group are not saved when the change happens (this is the process for shares). All changes are saved at the same time when Create is clicked.