FileCloud is a cloud-based file sharing and sync system that allows users to access and sync business data from any device. It offers file sharing, backup, remote access and sync.
This guide is on installing the FileCloud Community Edition with Linode One-Click Apps, that can be used with UNLIMITED free external users and up to 5 full accounts.
Run a powerful, secure Dropbox-like enterprise class file sharing and sync solution for your home or business
- Run your own personal cloud with complete control
- UNLIMITED free external users, up to 5 full accounts
- Run anywhere – Windows, Linux or on the cloud
Community Edition comes with many of the standard features of FileCloud Server, including:
- Team Folders
- Network Folders
- Shared Files and Folders
- Folder Access Permission Control
- Device Management
- Audit Logs
- Federated Search
- Customized URL
- And many more.
Deploy a FileCloud One-Click App
Linode’s One-Click App Marketplace allow you to easily deploy software on a Linode using the Linode Cloud Manager. To access Linode’s One-Click App Marketplace:
Log in to your Linode Cloud Manager account.
From the Linode dashboard, click on the Marketplace button in the left-hand navigation menu.
The Linode creation page will appear, with the One-Click and Marketplace tabs pre-selected.
Under the Select App section, select FileCloud Community
Once you have selected the FileCloud Community app, proceed to the Options section and provide values for the required fields.
You can configure your FileCloud Community installation by providing values for the following fields:
|FileCloud Admin Password||The password for Admin User login. Required.|
After providing the app specific options, provide configurations for your Linode server:
|Select an Image||Select any one from all of the images supported. Required.|
|Region||The region where you would like your Linode to reside. In general, it’s best to choose a location that’s closest to you. Required.|
|Linode Plan||Your Linode’s hardware resources. For a small number of users, a 2GB Standard Linode is sufficient. If you decide that you need more or fewer hardware resources after you deploy your app, you can always resize your Linode to a different plan. Required.|
|Linode Label||The name for your Linode, which must be unique between all of the Linodes on your account. This name will be how you identify your server in the Cloud Manager’s Dashboard. Required.|
|Root Password||The primary administrative password for your Linode instance. This password must be provided when you log in to your Linode via SSH. It must be at least 6 characters long and contain characters from two of the following categories: lowercase and uppercase case letters, numbers, and punctuation characters. Your root password can be used to perform any action on your server, so make it long, complex, and unique. Required.|
When you’ve provided all required Linode Options, click on the Create button. Your FileCloud app will complete installation anywhere between 5-10 minutes after your Linode has finished provisioning.
After FileCloud has finished installing, you will be able to access the FileCloud Admin Portal by navigating to "http://<Linode-IP>/admin" where <Linode-IP> is your Linode’s IPv4 address:
Once you have accessed your Admin Portal via the browser, you can log in using the credentials you previously specified in the FileCloud Admin Password field when you deployed the app.
Then you should proceed to download and install the license for FileCloud Community Edition.
For downloading the license, go to https://www.getfilecloud.com/filecloud-community-edition/ where you can register for a 14-day trial license or order the Community Edition with full license.
- If you already downloaded your license, proceed to the steps for installing it.
- If you did not download your license yet, refer the below steps to download it and then proceed to the steps for installing your license.
2. a) To try out FileCloud Community Edition, before ordering the full license, click on "Get a free 14 day Community Edition Trial" and submit the requested details.
b) To order the full license for FileCloud Community Edition, click on "Order Community Edition" and submit the requested details. The "Deployment URL" needs to be the URL that you will use to access FileCloud.
2. In some time, you will be receiving a mail with the details to login to the FileCloud Customer Portal.
3. Navigate to the FileCloud Customer Portal using the URL: https://portal.getfilecloud.com/ and login using the registered email and the password provided, to access the portal.
4. On the dashboard menu, click on Licenses.
5. For the Trial license, click on the "Community Edition (5 Users only)" link, then select "Begin Trial" and finally click on "Download Trial License" to download the license. The license will be downloaded as license.xml.
6. For the Full license, select the license in the Production Licenses section, and then in Actions, click the Download button. The license will be downloaded as license.xml.
There are multiple places from where you can install your FileCloud license:
- Admin Alert Dialog
- The Dashboard's License Tab
- The Dashboard's Settings Tab
To update or manage licenses after initial configuration, use the Dashboard's License tab or the Settings tab.
Admin Alert Dialog
During the initial setup, when you log in to the Admin Portal, you will see the Admin Attention Required dialog. This allows you to upload your license.xml file and apply the license.
To install your license from the Admin dialog:
- In the Invalid License File row, click Install License.
- In the new window that appears, click Browse.
- Locate the license.xml file, and then click Apply.
- The installed license appears in green under the textbox.
If you close the Admin dialog without installing a license, you can always use the FileCloud dashboard to manage your licenses.
The Dashboard opens the same window, as if, from the left navigation panel, you click on Settings, and then the License tab.
To install your license from the Dashboard:
- Log in to the Admin Portal.
- On the Home page, in the License Information section, click Manage.
- On the License page, click the Choose File button.
- Select the license.xml file and click OK.
- On the License page, click Save.
Configuring Storage, Setting up Users and Starting with FileCloud
Now that you’ve accessed your FileCloud Admin Portal and setup the license, you can now configure storage, setup users and start using FileCloud.
For Configuring Storage, refer to the below documentation
And for Setting up Users, refer to the below documentation.
For every other information on setting up and using FileCloud, you can have a look at the documentation at https://www.getfilecloud.com/supportdocs