The ability to disable user account during import if the account is also disabled in Active Directory is available in FileCloud Server version 19.1 and later.
Disable User Account Status
Any user account can be disabled by the Administrator.
If a user account is disabled, then the following rules apply
|Login using user id from Browser or other clients||Disallowed. User will see explicit message when attempting to log in|
|User files||Not deleted.|
|License count||Disabled users do not count towards consumed license count|
Disabling a User Account
A user account can be disabled by Administrator by following the steps listed below
- Log on to Administration Portal
- Click on "Users" on the left navigation panel
- Locate the user using Filter box or by browsing the Users list
- Click on "Edit" button in the user row
- Using the drop down box of Status, change the status to "Disabled"
- Click Save.
User Accounts Disabled in Active Directory
As part of the Active Directory (AD) automatic synchronization that happens through cron, when a user account is disabled in AD, it is imported as a disabled account in FileCloud.
To use this option:
- Open a browser and log on to the Admin Portal.
- On the left control panel, click Groups.
- Select the group that you want to add users to, and then click the Edit Group ( ) icon.
- On the Group Details screen, click Manage Members.
- On the Manage Group Members screen, click AD Group Import.
- Select the Disable Users During Sync option.
- If there are users with disabled account in the AD group, they will be listed in the Admin Portal's Manage Users screen as having Disabled Access.