FileCloud can send the following messages to users via email:
- share notifications
- file change notification
- error notifications
In order for the email system to work, the FileCloud administrator must setup the mail configuration.
|Email From Address||This is the address from which the email messages will be sent to users.|
|Email From Name||This is the display name used when sending the email message|
|Email Reply to Address||This is the address that the recipient will use when they click "Reply" to a message sent from FileCloud system.|
|Email Reply to Name||This is the display name used when recipient replies to a email sent from FileCloud system|
Specify the email facility to be used . The type can be "SMTP", "Mail" or "SendMail".
Note that "Mail" and "SendMail" use underlying OS's function (Available only for Debian/Ubuntu installation).
The recommended setting is to use SMTP .
You need an SMTP account to setup email using SMTP type.
|SMTP Host||SMTP Server to use for sending email|
|SMTP Port||The SMTP port to use to connect to SMTP Host (This will be given by your SMTP Provider|
|SMTP Security||If your SMTP provider uses SSL or TLS security then select as appropriapriate|
|SMTP Auth Enabled||If SMTP requires authentication using username/password, then enable this to enter the user/password|
|SMTP Auth User||If SMTP Auth is enabled, then enter the authentication username|
|SMTP Auth Password||If SMTP Auth is enabled, then enter the password for SMTP Auth User.|
To configure the email notifications:
- Log into the administration portal
- Click on "Settings" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "Email" tab
- Enter the required information
- Click Save
- Click on "Test Email->Send Email" to try the setting (The email will send to the admin's email)
Manage Do Not Email Settings
- Emails get added to DO NOT EMAIL list when they click "unsubscribe" that comes in the email body.
- Admin can remove the users from "DO NOT EMAIL" list, if needed. This section is available Admin UI -> Settings -> Email tab. Scroll to the bottom of the screen to manage do not email settings.
- Starting from FileCloud 18.1 administrators can specify the maximum number of emails that system can send in the 24 hour span.
Use "Always Send Important Emails" check box, to allow important mails like password recovery, 2fA to by pass "DO NOT EMAIL" list.
Office 365 Settings
When using Office 365, SMTP settings have to be set with the following recommended values:
|Username/email address and password||Enter the sign in credentials of the hosted mailbox being used|
For more information about SMTP configuration for Office 365 accounts please check: Microsoft Office Support Article