Administrators can enable the option to allow users to combine multiple PDFs together.
- For this FileCloud uses a document converter server
- This feature is available in FileCloud Server version 14.0 and later
To enable PDF Merge:
Administrators can use a Java-based service called FileCloud Document Converter to:
- Enable thumbs for all Microsoft Office documents (DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XSL, XSLX)
- Enable thumbs for Adobe documents (AI, PDF, PSD)
- Enable thumbs for TIFF images
- Interface with LibreOffice for document preview generation
- Add watermarks to all previews generated in FileCloud Server
For this FileCloud uses a java program based on Apache's PDFBox. Document converter also will use LibreOffice libraries to convert documents to PDF.
To enable the ability to combine for PDFs:
Now when users select multiple PDF files from the user UI, an additional option for combining PDFs will appear. Selecting this will result in a popup containing merged PDFs.