Administrators can add watermarks to all previews generated in FileCloud Server.
- This feature requires document converter
- Watermarks on previews is available in FileCloud Server version 17.3 and later
Example of a watermark on a document preview in the Admin and User Portals.
To add watermarks to previews:
Administrators can use a Java-based service called FileCloud Document Converter to:
- Enable thumbs for all Microsoft Office documents (DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XSL, XSLX)
- Enable thumbs for Adobe documents (AI, PDF, PSD)
- Enable thumbs for TIFF images
- Interface with LibreOffice for document preview generation
- Add watermarks to all previews generated in FileCloud Server
For this FileCloud uses a java program based on Apache's PDFBox. Document converter also will use LibreOffice libraries to convert documents to PDF.
To display watermarks for previews:
Now whenever a user previews a document, they will see the watermark for anonymous or authorized access embedded in the preview.