You can use FileCloud Sync to keep local copies of your FileCloud folders and files. You access the local copies through Windows Explorer or Mac OSX Finder on your desktop. These files and folders are periodically synchronized with their online copies. In other words, if you have made changes to a local copy of a file, the changes are replicated to the file on your server. If you make changes to a file on your server, the changes are replicated to your local copy of the file. (You also have the option of only copying changes to files made in one of these locations to the other.)
- FileCloud Sync is a client application. This is because it allows you to access the FileCloud Server and the files you store there.
- You can access files in Sync like you do in Windows Explorer or Mac OSX Finder.
- The same features that are available on the User Portal are also available in Sync.
- Sync allows you to easily open the User Portal if you need to.
- You can configure Network Folders as well as My Files to be automatically synchronized to your client.
- You can back up Sync files for safekeeping
- Sync includes an assistant to make it easy to access Sync files from Microsoft applications in FileCloud Server version 18.2 and later.
FileCloud Sync supports Mac versions OSX 10.14 and above.
In this section:
- Install and Log In to FileCloud Sync
- Opening and Using Sync Dashboards
- Sync Settings
- Synchronizing Files
- Cloud Storage: Selective Folder Sync
- Network Folder Offline Access
- Backing Up Files
- Managing Files in File Explorer
- Searching in Sync
- View or Clear Log Messages in Sync
- Syncing Team Folder Permission Changes
- XML Options for Sync
- Using DocIQ with Office for Sync Users
- Sync for Netgear ReadyNAS
- Sync Troubleshooting Guide