FileCloud Virtual Machine is currently available via Azure Marketplace. See Link.
Using FileCloud VM on Azure, one can host their own file share sync and mobile access solution for their organization in less than 10 minutes. The FileCloud Virtual Machine is built on top of Windows Server 2012 Data Center Edition. FileCloud stores the meta data and file share information in MongoDB Database which is already pre-configured in the FileCloud Virtual Machine. The actual files can be stored in the VM Disk or Azure Files. We recommend to take periodic snapshots of your running instance for disaster recovery.
Steps To Launch FileCloud Virtual Machine on Azure
- Login to https://portal.azure.com using your azure account. Upon successful login, go to Microsoft Azure >>Browse >> Marketplace >> Everything
2. Search for FileCloud in the Search Bar.
3. Select FileCloud and Click Create
4. Configure Basic Settings: Choose your Windows VM name, user name, password, subscription, resource group and the azure data center location. Once you complete the information click OK.
5. Choose Virtual Machine Size according to your needs. A2 Standard VM is good enough for up to 100 users.
6. Configure Storage and Network Settings as needed and Click OK.
7. Verify your configuration details and click OK.
8. Click the Buy button.
Note: FileCloud is offered under Bring your Own License Model. You can get FileCloud trial license by registering in our customer portal.
9. Azure will start provisioning your FileCloud Virtual Machine. Check the Notifications to see whether the deployment is complete.
10. Check the deployment is complete and make sure your FileCloud instance is running.
11. Connect to your FileCloud VM instance using RDP connection.
12. Right Click Windows Start Icon --> Launch File Explorer --> Go to C:\xampp and double click cloudcp (FileCloud Control Panel)
13. Start the FileCloud web server and database server via the FileCloud Control Panel.
14. Type http://<publicIP_of_FileCloudVM>/ui/admin/index.html to access the admin portal. Use "admin" as user name and the password is "password".
15. Upon successful login, set the storage path for your files and install the trial license you have got from FileCloud customer portal.
16. You are set now. Follow the steps here (FileCloud Site Setup) to setup and customize FileCloud as per your organization requirements.