Here are the main steps to getting started with FileCloud.
Make sure to read the introduction first.
Step 1: Install FileCloud Software (any one of the following options)
- Install FileCloud using the installer on Windows (Windows 64 bit) (or)
- Install FileCloud using the provided Virtual Machine (VMWare / VirtualBox etc) (or)
- Install FileCloud using the .deb package for Debian/Ubuntu or .rpm packages on RedHat/CentOS/Fedora (or)
- Manual install from scratch on Debian/Ubuntu or CentOS/RedHat/Fedora
- Install FileCloud on Amazon AWS
- Install FileCloud on Amazon GovCloud AWS
Step 2: Verify the FileCloud Install
Step 3: Login into the Admin Portal
- Open the FileCloud Admin website at http://<site>/ui/admin/index.html
- Admin Username is admin, Admin Password is password
Step 4: Set the Managed Storage Path
Set the storage path where FileCloud stores its all its files. This only applies if you are using Local Storage.
If you are going to use OpenStack or Amazon S3, then you don't need to set this path
Set the Storage path where user's data is stored
Step 5: Install Provided License
Step 6: Proceed to Site Setup