The ability to install the Share and Search integration with Windows Explorer is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2 and later.
The ability to install DocIQ is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2 and later.
You must install FileCloud Sync before you can begin synchronizing documents on your local computer to the FileCloud Server site.
How to Install FileCloud Sync on Linux
- Download FileCloud Sync App from https://www.getfilecloud.com/additional-downloads/#sync
After successfully downloading the App, extract the zip file cloudsync2_linux_amd64.zip.
To extract files using the terminal, use the following command:-
Now, you will have a bunch of files in the extracted location.
Give execute permission to filecloudsync2start.sh and cloudsync file
Open the terminal, go to the location where the FileCloud Sync files were extracted and then run filecloudsync2start.sh
What If I'm Using Ubuntu 18.10?
For Ubuntu 18.10, please follow the steps below:
1. Unzip the Linux Sync app package (cloudsync2_linux_amd64.zip) to any folder
2. cd to the above folder
3. Give execute permission to filecloudsync2start-ubuntu.sh
4. Open the terminal, go to the location where the FileCloud Sync files were extracted and then run
5. After these steps, Sync app will be shown along with the other desktop apps. Double-click the app to open it.
If Sync shows the message "There appears to be no system tray support in your current environment", then system tray support needs to be enabled by downloading the extensions.
6. To download the necessary extensions, head to the TopIcons Plus extensions page on the official GNOME site. From here, click on "Click here to install browser extension.", then click "Allow" and then "Add".
7. Return to the GNOME extensions page and refresh it. You may see the following message:
"Although GNOME Shell integration extension is running, native host connector is not detected. Refer documentation for instructions about installing connector."
If so, click on the "documentation" link in the message. Here, choose your Linux version, and execute the corresponding command in the terminal.
8. Again, return to the GNOME Extensions page and refresh. Click the "Off/On" button to set it to On state. Then, click download and install option.
9. Once all the steps above have completed successfully, the Sync app can be started by double-clicking the Sync icon in the desktop apps.