Administrators can configure FileCloud to deal with the site's Recycle Bin through policies.
- Files deleted by users are moved to recycle bin (if enabled).
- The files in recycle bin will take up space over time.
To manage the recycle bin, you can decide what to do with files in the following cases:
If you enable this setting, whenever a user deletes a file, it will automatically be placed in the Recycle Bin.
This allows the user to recover an old file if it is deleted by accident.
If this option is not enabled, then when a user deletes a file it is removed from FileCloud permanently.
You can automatically clear the files deleted by users and partial uploads.
This is configured by the setting called:
- Automatically delete File from the Recycle Bin After Set Number of Days
You set this to the number of days you want a deleted file to be kept before being permanently removed.
- For example, if the value is set to 7, then files older than 7 days will be deleted automatically.
If you do not want FileCloud to automatically empty the recycle bin at any time, use a value of 0.
If you do not want deleted files to take up too much space, you can decide to only store deleted files of a certain size.
This is configured in the following setting:
- Do Not Store Deleted Files Greater Than
Files less than this size are stored
Files greater than this size are permanently deleted
You can specify the file size in the following ways:
All of these scenarios can be managed by configuring the built-in policy called Global Default Policy.
You must ensure that the Cron service is running. This is a prerequisite for any automatic functionality in FileCloud Server.
To configure the recycle bin policy:
- Log into the Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation pane, under SETTINGS, click Settings.
- Click the Policies tab, select the Global Default Policy, and then click the Edit policy button ( ).
- In the Policy Settings window, in Store Deleted Files, select YES or NO.
- If you selected NO, to save your changes, click Save and to close the policy window click Close.
- If you selected YES, in Automatically delete File from the Recycle Bin After Set Number of Days, to enable this option, type in a number. To disable this option, type in 0.
- If you selected YES, in Do Not Store Deleted Files Greater Than, select the type of unit in Units, and then type in a number.
- To save your changes, click Save and to close the policy window click Close.