Using the WOPI protocol, online document editing is supported in FileCloud Server version 14.1 and later.
Administrators can configure online editing to allow FileCloud users to select any supported document and edit the document from within the User Portal.
- All the changes made by the user gets saved in FileCloud automatically
- Depending on the versioning settings in FileCloud, additional versions may get created
- FileCloud uses the WOPI (Web Application Open Platform Interface) protocol to support online web editing
To use WOPI, you must install or have already available one of the following to provide the web editing capability:
Use the instructions from the following sections to install and configure one of the above software.
- Microsoft Office Online Web Editing
- Web Editing With Collabora Code
- New Document Creation via Web Browser
- Web Editing Text Files
- Coauthoring Documents Using Web Edit