Server configuration for realtime sync
Automatic Syncing of Network Folders is in Beta.
Realtime syncing of Network Folders was introduced in FileCloud 9.0. You need FileCloud Helper Service (also called as NTFS Helper) version 9.85 and above.
- Realtime syncing of Smart Mounted Network Folders is not supported.
- Setup Automatic Syncing only for folders with 100,000 files or less.
Normally, network folders are synced offline using a scheduled time (every 30 minutes, 1 hour etc). Starting with FileCloud 9.0, it is possible to sync network folders using a more faster and efficient mechanism similar to the efficiency seen with "My Files".
- Install latest FileCloud helper service and set it up to run automatically. Ensure "Logon as" user is set to user account with permissions to network shares.
Open realtimeconfig.ini file in the FileCloud Helper install folder (%APPDATA%\FileCloudHelper),
Change the database settings if not using the default
change the "enable" setting to 1
change the "securitykey" value from the default to any other password value
Edit cloudconfig.php file found on the WWWROOT config folder (c:\xampp\htdocs\config or \var\www\config) and add the following, make sure the security key default is changed to the same password value set in the realtimeconfig.ini file
Now add a network folder and edit the settings to enable "realtime scanning"
- Always, restart the NTFS helper after adding or removing network folders
Sync app configuration for realtime sync
- Right click the sync app, select "more options" and select "other settings".
- In the "Network Folders" tab, add a new network folder and select the schedule as "Automatically"
- Save the network folder. It should start syncing automatically on local changes as well get remote server changes as quickly as possible. Note that when using Automatic sync option, "Remote Delete" option is enabled automatically and cannot be disabled.