FileCloud allows users to share any file or folder with custom permissions. A file or folder can be shared to
- Another FileCloud user in the system. The shared file will show up in the shared user’s “Shared with Me” folder.
- Another non-filecloud user (Access provided as a “Guest”)
- General public (No authentication is required and the file can be accessed)
FileCloud allows administrators to restrict file shares created by their users. It provides an array of options for administrators to restrict the type of sharing allowed within the FileCloud system.
By default FileCloud allows public and private shares. FileCloud admin can restrict the users from
- Sharing a file/folder publicly
- Sharing a file/folder publicly or privately
To manage sharing restrictions, navigate to Settings->Misc->Share tab.
To Allow all Shares (Public and Private)
Set the global share mode to “Allow All Shares”. This allows the users to share the files privately and publicly.
To disallow all shares (Public and Private)
Set the global share mode to “Shares Not Allowed”. This restricts the users to share file/folder.
To allow private shares and restrict pubic shares
Set the Global Share mode to “Private Shares only”. This allows the share file/folder privately but restrict the user from doing a share publicly.
To restrict all pubic shares to be password-protected
Set the Global Share mode to “Allow All Shares”. This allows the users to share the files privately and publicly. Set the check box Public Shared must be password protected.