From 18.1 FileCloud users are able to search for files using a desktop client.
On this page:
How do I access the search window?
Initiating search from the Drive system tray
Taskbar Search option opens the basic Search UI with the default search path.
Initiating search from the Drive folder
For example, the following search triggers searching in "My Files" only.
Note that you can change the path after clicking search.
Basic and Advanced Search
|Basic search view||Advanced search view|
Enter a search term. Searching begins automatically. The files and folders returned are listed in the lower portion of the Search window.
Check Include Folders to search folder names as well as file names.
Click Advanced Options in the Basic search to view the Advanced Options fields. Choose any of the advanced options:
Click Update to begin the search. The results appear in the Basic search view.
Accessing items after searching
After your search results are returned, you can access them from the Drive folder or FileCloud Web browser. Beginning in Version 20.1, you can also open files directly from the search window.
Access a file after searching:
- In the Search window, right-click the file.
- To open the file in an application, click Open File.
- To view the file listing in the Drive folder, click Open Folder.
- To view the file listing in the FileCloud Web browser, click Open Website.
Access a folder after searching:
- In the Search window, right-click the folder.
- To view the folder in the Drive folder, click Open Folder.
- To view the folder in the FileCloud Web browser, click Open Website.