FileCloud allows administrators to manage file shares created by their users at a global level.
- You can choose to allow or restrict file sharing for all accounts in FileCloud Server by setting the Share Mode
- This setting belongs to the Default Global Policy which is created automatically on every FileCloud Server
You can set the Share Mode to one of the following options:
Allow All Shares
Allows users to share any file or folder with custom permissions.
A file or folder can be shared with:
|Allow Private Shares Only|
Allows users to share any file or folder with a user that has an existing FileCloud account.
Sharing Privately requires:
|Shares Not Allowed|
Prevents users from sharing any file or folder.
If you choose this option, then no other Sharing settings that you configure will be in effect.
To set the Share Mode:
- Log into the Admin Portal.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Policies tab.
- In the Manage Policy window, select the row with the Global Default Policy, and then click the edit policy icon .
- Select the General tab, and then in Share Mode, choose the option you want to set for all FileCloud users.
- Click Save.