The ability to re-share and also manage subsequent shares that have been created from your original share is available in FileCloud version 18.2
who have a FileCloud account.You can share a folder and all its contents only with users
- This provides more security when sharing folders and their contents.
- This is useful when you only have a small number of people you want to share with.
- You can share a folder and its contents with existing FileCloud users or groups.
- You can share a folder and its contents and invite a new user to create a FileCloud account.
When you share a folder and all its contents privately:
- A Share Link window opens to provide the link.
- By default the folder can be accessed by external users.
- You need to click Advanced to set sharing restrictions.
- You can edit and send an email inviting new or existing FileCloud users to access the folder and all its contents.
- You become the share owner for that folder and its contents.
- The user will be required to log in with a FileCloud account to access the folder on the User Portal.
As a private share owner, you now have the ability to:
- View and manage re-shares; that is shares created from your shared folder by other users.
- Assign managers to view and manage re-shares; that is shares created from your shared folder by other users.
What do you want to do?
Learn how to combine the options
Read more about Private Share Permissions for Folders
FileCloud account required.Share Folders Privately
Manage Re-sharing Settings