The ability to restore a previous version of a file in Team Folders is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2 and later.
As an administrator, you may be asked to manage folders that are shared to allow for collaboration among certain users or groups in your company.
- In FileCloud Server, these folders are called “Team Folders”.
- Team folders provide a single place where teams in a company can store and organize files and folders.
- Team folders are normally created by admins or authorized users and instantly made available to all members of a team.
Team Folders use managed storage and are not available for network storage. Therefore, team folders are created on managed storage where all files and folders under team folders are stored.
How do Team Folders help administrators?
- Centralized Content Management: Team Folders facilitate organizing files and folders in a centralized place.
- Easy Provisioning of Users, Files and Folders: New users can be provisioned quickly with access to specific files and folders through team folders. Similarly, New files can be granted immediate access to all relevant users by uploading the file to the relevant team folder.
- Granular Control of Folders: Team Folders and their sub folders can be given granular permissions to users with Read, Write, Share and Sync access.
- Manage Selective Sync: Admins can select specific team folders and enable or disable sync permissions on an easy to use user interface.
To Manage Team Folders