Beginning with FileCloud Version 19.3 and higher, by default, FileCloud requires users to accept terms of service changes.
By default, FileCloud requires users to accept terms of service (TOS) when:
- they initially create an account
- the content of terms of service changes.
To enable privacy settings:
- From the left navigation panel, click Settings.
- Click the Policies tab.
- Choose one of the following options:
- To get consent from all users, edit the Global Default Policy.
- To get consent for all users in an existing policy, edit the row containing that policy.
- To get consent from a new set of specific users or groups, click New Policy. Name that policy, and then edit it.
- On the Policy Settings screen, on the General tab, in Enable Privacy Settings, select YES.
- Click Save.
Terms of service settings
Administrators are able to configure the following terms of service settings:
- Enable/disable whether users must re-accept terms of service when the content changes
- Enable/disable whether users must accept terms of service each time they log in to FileCloud.
- Globally reset all users' terms of service consent
In versions of FileCloud prior to version 20.2, the fields Globally Reset User's TOS Consent, Force users' to accept TOS when changed, and Show TOS for every login appear in the Customization > TOS tab. Now these fields appear in the Settings > Misc > Privacy tab.
To configure terms of service settings:
- Go to Settings > Misc and click the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down to the following settings:
- To globally reset TOS consent so that all users are required to re-accept the terms of service, click Reset TOS Consent for all users.
- By default, Force users to accept TOS when changed is set to NO.
To require users to accept changed terms of service before logging in, choose YES.
- By default, Show TOS for every login is disabled.
To require users to accept the TOS every time they log in to FileCloud, check Show TOS for every login.
- Click Save.
See if a user has accepted terms of service
Administrators can view the user details for a user to see if they have accepted the latest terms of service. TOS Date either displays the date that the user accepted the terms of service or displays Not Accepted.
Change the content of the Terms of Service
To change the content of the Terms of Service:
- Click Customization in the left navigation panel.
- Click the TOS tab
To enter new terms of service, change the HTML code in Terms of Service.
- Click Save