By default, FileCloud requires users to accept terms of service (TOS) when:
- they initially create an account
- the content of terms of service changes (beginning in FileCloud version 19.3)
Administrators are able to change the content of the terms of service. They are also able to configure the following terms of service settings:
- enable/disable whether users must re-accept terms of service when the content changes
- enable/disable whether users must accept terms of service each time they log in to FileCloud.
- globally reset all users' terms of service consent
Administrators can view the user details for a user to see if they have accepted the latest terms of service. TOS Date either displays the date that the user accepted the terms of service or displays Not Accepted.
To change the content of the Terms of Service:
- Go to Settings > Policies and open the appropriate policy.
- in the General tab set Enable Privacy Settings to YES.
For more information, see Enabling Privacy/User Consent.
- Click Customization in the left navigation panel.
- Click the TOS tab
To enter new terms of service, change the HTML code in Terms of Service.
- Click Save.
To configure terms of service settings:
In versions of FileCloud prior to version 20.2, the fields Globally Reset User's TOS Consent, Force users' to accept TOS when changed, and Show TOS for every login appear in the Customization > TOS tab. Now these fields appear in the Settings > Misc > Privacy tab.
- Go to Settings > Misc and click the Privacy tab.
- Scroll down to the following settings:
- To globally reset TOS consent so that all users are required to re-accept the terms of service, click Reset TOS Consent for all users.
- By default, Force users to accept TOS when changed is set to YES.
To allow users to log in without accepting changed terms of service, choose NO.
- By default, Show TOS for every login is disabled.
To require users to accept the TOS every time they log in to FileCloud, check Show TOS for every login.
- Click Save.