The ability for an administrator to be notified by email if a new update or upgrade can be installed is available in FileCloud Server version 18.2 and later.
Administrators must keep FileCloud Server up-to-date with the latest version to take advantage of the new features, enhancements, and fixes for issues found in previous versions.
How do I know if an upgrade is available?
- CodeLathe will always inform customers when a new upgrade is available.
- When you log on to the Admin Portal, the Admin Dashboard will also alert you to the fact that you can install an update.
The Version section is right next to the License section on the Dashboard.
To check for updates on a weekly basis:
- Open a browser and log in to the Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation panel, click Settings.
- On the Manage Settings screen, select the Admin tab.
- Scroll down to the Check For Updates checkbox.
- Select the checkbox and then click Save.
To stop receiving the weekly email, just clear this checkbox.
Custom settings in configuration files that are replaced during upgrade are not reset in the new configuration files.
Check If the following files are replaced with newer versions during upgrade, and in the case that they are replaced, reconfigure any custom settings after upgrade:
|Release||Upgrade Scenarios||Upgrade Notes||Release Notes|
Upgrading from ANY VERSION to 20.1
Upgrading from ANY VERSION to 19.3
Upgrading from ANY VERSION to 19.1
Upgrading from 18.1 to 18.2
Upgrading from 17.3 or older to 18.2
For all versions before 18.1:
There are various ways you can complete an update:
For releases that DO NOT require a full system upgrade:
For releases that DO require a full system upgrade: