Backwards Compatibility Notes
Upgrading from ANY VERSION to 20.2
- New Message Queue System is a REQUIRED service that needs to be running for FileCloud to be functional from 19.1 onwards
- Please ensure the Message Queue Service is running after upgrade before opening up for live access
- You CANNOT upgrade Windows and Linux using the Admin Portal.
As always, make a full backup of your existing installation before upgrading.
You will have to do a full upgrade to 20.2.
Full Upgrade for Windows
You can use the Windows Upgrade tool to do a full upgrade.
Full Upgrade for LINUX
FileCloud provides a script you can run to perform a full upgrade to version 20.2
Upgrading FileCloud from 17.3 or older to 20.2 in Linux
If you are using Ubuntu versions earlier than 16.04 or Older versions of Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora, there is no script for upgrading your installation to 20.2.
You will need to migrate your FileCloud installation manually to Ubuntu 16.04 or Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora that supports PHP 7.1 or greater with the new MongoDB driver to use FileCloud 20.2.
Upgrading Systems that use ServerLink to 20.2
To upgrade systems running ServerLink, the following steps should be taken:
- Before upgrade, ensure all ServerLink nodes are fully synced and share the same state.
- Make backups of all nodes as needed.
- Upgrade the primary node to 20.2 first
- Upgrade each replica node to 20.2
- Startup all nodes