You can use the standard security technology to establish an encrypted link between the FileCloud server and a client browser.
- This link ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain private and integral.
- SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
After you install the SSL certificate on your Apache web server, there is no additional configuration you need to do in FileCloud Server. Once a certificate is installed, all connections between to the FileCloud Server and clients are secured over SSL.
To Use SSL on Linux:
- Create a CSR for FileCloud.
- Submit the CSR to your SSL provider.
- The provider will verify and then issue a SSL certificate in a *.cer file.
- Install the certificate on Ubuntu.
Follow the HTTPS Best Practices for FileCloud.