The installation process on Windows includes the following steps:
- Run the Setup Wizard
- Use the FileCloud Control Panel to configure servers
- Use the FileCloud Control Panel to configure optional components
- Complete Post Installation Steps
Use these steps to install FileCloud on a Windows 64-bit system.
- During installation you will be asked to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package if it does not already exist.
- This installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ installed.
You can only install FileCloud on the root of the hard drive.
To install FileCloud directly:
- Download the installer.
- Locate the FileCloudSetup.exe file and run it.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next.
- In the select Installation drive box, verify that the root of the hard drive is listed, and then click Install. (For example, the location can either be c:\xampp, or d:\xampp etc).
- If a dialog pops up during installation and asks you to install VC_redist.x64.exe, click Install.
- After installation is complete, the FileCloud Control Panel opens.