- Navigate to the URL http[s]://IPAddressOfYourCODEServer/hosting/discovery using a browser. This is the page that contains all the information of various editors supported by CODE server.
- From the resulting page, note zone of editors to be used by FileCloud. The selection depends on the requirement of where the web edit feature will be used. In our case, we will choose "external-http", as we want to offer web-editing to external users.
- Ensure that the CODE server has access to the FileCloud server (To verify: navigate to FileCloud user login page from code server).
- Now login into FileCloud server admin UI(as the default 'admin' user), which needs to integrate with CODE for web editing.
- Navigate to Settings -> Web edit tab. Select "Collabora CODE" as Wopi Client Type, "External HTTP" as Wopi Client Zone (select other option as required), IP address/URL for office online server as Wopi client host.
On entering the details click on configured.
- Upon successful configuration, the following screen should appear.
- Now that FileCloud server is configured with office online server, administrator might need to enable the web edit option for users.
To enable web edit in user UI, navigate to Customizations -> General -> UI Features tab and check the option "Show Online Edit Option". Click "Save" button to save the changes.
- Now login into user UI and select a editable document. Select the "Web Edit" option from the file menulog in to the user portal, hover over a document and click the Web Edit icon. Ensure the selected document is opened opens in the code web editor.