|Table of Contents|
Backwards Compatibility Notes
The following are the major considerations when upgrading to 18.1 from a previous release of FileCloud.
- Software requirements
- FileCloud 18.1 now requires PHP 7.1 on both Windows and Linux. A full system upgrade is required for all existing installations.
- Apache and PHP are fully 64 bit on Windows
- Mac OSX is supported only from Sierra and above
- ServerLink implications
- If using ServerLink, see section below on upgrading to 18.1
18.1 Release Requirements:
- Only PHP 7.1.x is supported (The following are not supported: PHP 7.2.x, anything less than PHP 7.1 )
The following instructions detail how to upgrade your installation.
As always, make a full backup of your existing installation before upgrading.
Upgrading FileCloud to 18.1 in Windows
You will have to do a full upgrade to 18.1.
Upgrading FileCloud to 18.1 in Linux
|If you are using Ubuntu versions earlier than 16.04 or Older versions of Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora, we don't have a script to upgrade your installation to 18.1|
You will need to migrate your FileCloud installation manually to Ubuntu 16.04 or Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora that supports PHP 7.1 or greater with the new MongoDB driver to use FileCloud 18.1
|Please make a full backup of your server before running this script.|
For Upgrading FileCloud to v18.1 in Linux Distros, Please follow the steps here
To upgrade systems running ServerLink, the following steps should be taken:
- Before upgrade, ensure all ServerLink nodes are fully synced and are at the same state.
- Make backups of all nodes as needed
- Upgrade the master node to 18.1 first
- Upgrade each slave to 18.1
- Startup all nodes