- Metadata - data that provides information about other data. In FileCloud this term is related to data that describes files and folders available in the system.
- Metadata set - a set of metadata attributes that might be logically grouped and can be attached as a single entity to File Objects.
- Attribute - a single piece of information that describes the File Object. In FileCloud attributes are defined as a part of the metadata set.
- File Object - Every file and folder that exists in FileCloud.
- Tag - a special type of attributes attribute (referred to as the Array attribute type) that allows users to provide multiple custom values for each File Object, which works like regular tagging.
Metadata Set types
FileCloud supports two types of Metadata Sets: