- Default Metadata Set - a special type of metadata set that is automatically associated with every single File Object when it is created, copied, uploaded, etc. For already existing File Objects it will be associated when the file / folder is accessed for the first time. Exactly one Default Set exists in FileCloud - it cannot be deleted, renamed or disabled, but administrators can customize attributes and permissions. Out of the box it is shipped with a single predefined attribute of Array type - Tags.
- Custom Metadata Set - a fully customizable set of metadata, defined by the administrator.
You must specify which users can access the Metadata attributes. If you do not add them, then the user will not be able to add a tag to their file.
To grant a user access to the Metadata field:
- Log in to the Admin Portal.
- In the Home navigation panel on the left side, under Misc., select Metadata.
- In the Manage Metadata Sets section, select the one you want to grant access, and then click on the edit icon .
- In the Edit Metadata Set Definition window, in Permissions, select the Users tab, and then click Add User.
- In the Search Users window, in Account or Email, type in the user's information, and then click Search.
- Select a user, and then you are returned to the Edit Metadata Set Definition window.
- By default, the user is granted both Read and Write permissions.
- Select the Read checkbox to grant or deny the user Read permissions.
- Select the Write checkbox to grant or deny the user Read permissions.
- At the bottom of the Edit Metadata Set Definition window, click Save.
Managing Metadata Sets
The metadata set definitions screen displays the list of defined metadata sets.