If your signed certificate needs a certificate chain file containing all the intermediate certificates, then you need to install the certificate chain file as well. To do this, you need to edit a configuration file and specify the chain file's location.
If your intermediate certificates are not part of the standard ca-bundle, you must:
This will prevent issues with the Desktop client apps.
To install the certificate chain file:
1. To specify the location, open the following file for editing:
2. Find the following line:
3. Remove the hashtag (#) from the beginning of the line so that it is no longer a comment and looks like the following line:
4. Save and close the file.
5. Rename the chain file to the following:
6. Copy the certification chain file into the conf directory using the following command:
(If FileCloud is installed not under the default location c:\xampp, then copy the file to the appropriate location.)
7. Open the following file for editing:
8. Find the following line:
9. Change the ServerName in quotes to your domain name.
In the serverName do not use * . For wild card certificates, use the FQDN excluding the *
The domain name should also match the FQDN/common name field of your CSR. Certificate Signing Request (CSR) is a data file that contains the Public Key and your domain details.