STEP 1: Backup existing installation
FileCloud installation environment
|Windows OS and installation without backup tool||Windows manual backup|
STEP 2: Preparing for update
Download the FileCloud Windows Update Tool from http://patch.codelathe.com/tonidocloud/live/installer/cloudupdatetool.zip
Unzip the downloaded package.
- Extract all files from Zip into a folder.
- Download the FileCloud Windows Update Package .
- Copy filecloudupdate.zip file into "cloudupdatetool" folder.
- Now, navigate to "cloudupdatetool" folder and double click on "cloudupdate.exe" binary to launch. The following window opens:
STEP 3: Update
Open the "FileCloud Control Panel" and click on "Stop" against these running services. ( If you are upgrading a HA system, stop all the nodes (All DB servers of the replica set as well as the apache web servers on each of the nodes).) If running Memcache, make sure it is stopped too.
Ensure that the "Install Folder" shows the location of your XAMPP folder. This location is auto-detected, but it may not be able to determine it correctly if there are multiple XAMPP folders. If it is not correct, select the correct XAMPP install folder.
Click on "Start" on the CloudUpdate application to begin the upgrade. (Repeat steps 1-3 for each of the nodes for HA system).
The tool must be able to connect to the internet in order to download the update package. Please contact our suport (email@example.com) if you see any errors in this step.
If you are running multi-tenant FileCloud, make sure the database post upgrade script is run correctly.
Once the nodes are updated, start each of the nodes using the cloud control panel.
- Message Queue is an important service and must be started after the upgrade.
- Open the install URL http://<your domain>/install/index.php
- Make sure basic checks are all OK.
- Click on Extended Checks.
In section 3 of Extended Checks, your new updates are shown with status and available actions.
For Filecloud upgrade on Cluster, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org