1) Download OpenOffice
Download the version 4.1.0 of OpenOffice from here applicable for your platform.
2) Setup OpenOffice for Windows
Install OpenOffice for windows.
- Open OpenOffice once and finish the registration.(Skip step 2 if already Registered)
- Start Open Office service. Open Command Prompt in Windows and run the following Command.
- To verify successful installation check if soffice is running in Task Manager.
Start OpenOffice Server In Windows (Assuming Open office is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)
Using Windows Powershell will result in parsing error, therefore use cmd (run->cmd)
Ensure that the command prompt (cmd) is "started as administrator" otherwise the process will not be able to generate temp files.
3) Configure FileCloud
There are two steps to enable Preview.
If you are running the multi-site configuration, please follow these steps on the root site.
- Log into Administration Portal
- Click on "Settings" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "Misc" Tab
- Enter the path to the open office program folder. For Windows it will be (C:\Program Files (x86)\openoffice 4\program) and Linux (/opt/openoffice4/program)
- Click on "Customization" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "General Tab
- Check the "Show Document Preview" checkbox
4) Running as service
Once the setup is verified, openoffice preview server can be made as a server. Please follow this link to enable openoffice as a service.