1) Download and Install LibreOffice
Download and install version 5.1.4 of LibreOffice from here applicable for your platform.
- For 64bit windows operating systems, ensure to download msi with name LibreOffice_5.1.4_Win_x64.msi. Default download from LibreOffice site will be 32bit with name LibreOffice_5.1.4_Win_x86.msi
- After installation, there is no need of running Libreoffice as a service.
2) Download and Install FileCloud Document Converter
Install LibreOffice for windows.
- Open LibreOffice once and finish the registration.(Skip step 2 if already Registered)
3) Configure FileCloud
There are two steps to enable Preview.
If you are running the multi-site configuration, please follow these steps on the root site.
- Log into Administration Portal
- Click on "Settings" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "Misc" Tab
- Enter the path to the open office program folder. For Windows it will be (C:\Program Files (x86)\openoffice 4\program) and Linux (/opt/openoffice4/program)
- Click on "Customization" on the left navigation panel
- Click on "General Tab
- Check the "Show Document Preview" checkbox
4) Running as service
Once the setup is verified, openoffice preview server can be made as a server. Please follow this link to enable openoffice as a service.