FileCloud for iOS 18.2.10 and Android 18.2.1 add support for MDM (also called EMM and MAM) app configurations for all services complying to the https://www.appconfig.org community standards.
Configuring your MDM
We shouldn't need to teach them how to use an MDM. But a short explanation and some links and ask them to check their MDM documentation would be good.
Important step for FC: enroll devices. Wether as Personal or Company owned. Main difference personal owned, the MDM only manages some apps and those apps' configurations. Company owned manages everything, including remote wiping the whole device.
Adding FileCloud to your MDM
Again check your MDM support documentation, but we give here an example for a knwon MDM service: VMWare's https://www.air-watch.com
• Go to:
• Search for the app
Once added you'll be asked to add an assignment and configure the app for your users.
Assigning and configuring the app
You can access these settings either when adding the app as above, or afterwards navigating to:
• Then either add an assignment or edit an existing one
Freely configure the app.
For us the important settings are:
• Set Application Configuration → Enabled
Note: Feel free to delete the configuration fields that do not apply to your organization.
Note: Sensitive information such as password are best removed from the configuration. When not present users will be prompted to input their password manually on the device once.
Note: If your MDM doesn't recognize any of the provided XML spec files, you can enter those values manually:
- account (String): Account / Enter the name of the account you want to setu
- sso (String): SSO / Set this value to true to create an SSO account
- password (String): Password / Password of the account to setup (for non-SSO accounts)
- server (String): Server address / URL of your FileCloud server (MUST start with http:// or https://)
- enforce_lock (Boolean): Enforce lock / Set to true to prevent login if an app-specific passcode has not been set
- disable_edit (Boolean): Disable edit / Set to true to disable operations such as rename, copy, upload (if applicable)
- disable_download (Boolean): Disable download / Set to true to disable prevent file and folder downloads
- disable_openwith (Boolean): Disable 'Open with...' / Set to true to disable "Open with…"
- disable_share (Boolean): Disable Share / Set to true to disable "Share" operation
- disable_favs (Boolean): Disable Favorites / Set to true to disable "Add to Favorites" operation