FileCloud can be integrated with OKTA. The Okta must be configured as an Identity Provider (IdP) and FileCloud will act as the Service Provider (SP). The following steps must be followed to configure FileCloud with Okta.
- Log in to your Okta issued URL. http://yourdomain.okta.com
- After successful login to Okta, go to the admin section
- Create a new application as shown below
In the application type, select SAML 2.0
- Configure the Application as follows.
- Set Single sign on URL tp the FileCloud assertion URL http://<your domain>/simplesaml/module.php/saml/sp/saml2-acs.php/default-sp
- Set Audience URI (SP Entity ID) to http://<your domain>/simplesaml/module.php/saml/sp/metadata.php/default-sp
- Set Default Relay State to http://<your domain>/auth/samlsso.php
The attribute statements must be set as shown in the screenshot. These attribute names must match the names set in the FileCloud admin screen - Settings SSO parameters for Username, Email, Given Name and Surname.
- In the following screen set FileCloud as an Internal App.
- Click FInish.
- Click View Setup Instructions to get the details to configure FileCloud SSO.
The How to Configure SAML 2.0 for MyIdp Application screen opens.
- Get the details for configuring FileCloud from this screen.
- Copy the entity ID field from the Metadata text box on OKTA and use that for Idp End Point URL in FileCloud admin UI interface under Settings > SSO.
- Click Download certificate, then copy the certificate file and rename to saml.crt. Copy this file in the FileCloud server in the following place <FileCloud WEB ROOT>/thirdparty/simplesaml/cert
- The metadata in this screen must match the IdP meta data in FileCloud Admin Settings > SSO - Idp Meta data.
- Add the user under the People tab in Okta.
The configuration from FileCloud side should be in 'Settings > sso' as follows (in 'idP End Point URL' you should make 'Identity Provider Issuer') :
Once the application is created and FileCloud is configured you can start using Single Sign On with Okta from FileCloud