The ability to search the entire FileCloud system for files and folders is available in FileCloud Server version 17.3 and later.
As an administrator, you may need to find a file or folder quickly in a large data set.
- FileCloud supports searching the entire FileCloud system for files and folder with the Federated Search feature.
- The search may be a regular file or folder name search
- For full content search, configure content search
- Search results might contain matches from both managed storage and network folders.
- Search results can be downloaded.
- Search results can be previewed if applicable.
- Search results cannot be copied, moved or deleted.
To search the entire FileCloud Server site,
- Open a browser and log in to the Admin Portal.
- From the left navigation panel, under Misc., select Federated Search.
- On the search screen, in the search box, type the search term and press enter.
- After searching the entire FileCloud system for matching files and folders, Search Results are displayed.
- To narrow the search, use the drop down selections in the search box for advanced search parameters.