Backwards Compatibility Notes
Upgrading from ANY VERSION to 19.2 or later
- New Message Queue System is a REQUIRED service that needs to be running for FileCloud to be functional from 19.1 or later.
- Please ensure the Message Queue Service is running after upgrade before opening up for live access
- You CANNOT upgrade Windows and Linux using the Admin Portal.
As always, make a full backup of your existing installation before upgrading.
You must do a full upgrade to 19.2 or later.
Full Upgrade for Windows
You can use the Windows Upgrade tool to do a full upgrade.
Windows Update Tool
Full Upgrade for LINUX
FileCloud provides a script you can run to perform a full upgrade to version 19.2 or later.
Manually Upgrade LINUX
Upgrading FileCloud from 17.3 or older to 19.2 or later in Linux
If you are using Ubuntu versions earlier than 16.04 or older versions of Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora, a script for upgrade your installation to 19.2 or later is not available.
You will need to migrate your FileCloud installation manually to Ubuntu 16.04 or Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora that supports PHP 7.1 or later with the new MongoDB driver to use FileCloud 19.2 or later.
Upgrading Systems that use ServerLink to 19.2 or Later
To upgrade systems running ServerLink, the following steps should be taken:
- Before upgrade, ensure all ServerLink nodes are fully synced and are at the same state.
- Make backups of all nodes as needed
- Upgrade the primary node to 19.2 or later first
- Upgrade each secondary node to 19.2 or later.
- Startup all nodes