Avoid Breaches and Insider Threats with Data Governance in FileCloud
FileCloud Governance offers complete content life cycle management with flexible retention and archival schedules. FileCloud’s Smart DLP and Classification capabilities offer data leak protection and help enterprises comply with data security regulations like HIPAA, FINRA, ITAR, GDPR, CCPA, and others.
With increasing regulations within business processes, any mishandling of files increases the risk of regulatory and financial penalties. FileCloud simplifies data governance by setting policies for automatic document life cycle management, including file retention and archival. FileCloud security infrastructure provides end to end encryption for uploading data, AES 256 bit encryption, and SSL/TLS secure tunnel for data transfer. Additional security measures include two-factor authentication, auto antivirus scanning, and ransomware protection.
Government entities often have significant responsibilities, large projects, and myriad suppliers to manage. Entities in branches of government such as
- Services to the public
- National infrastructure information technology plays an essential part in achieving the performance and results that taxpayers expect
Information needs to be shared to get things done, but not at the cost of security achieving both of these goals simultaneously is a key characteristic of effective government that IT, and file sharing specifically, must support.
The File Sharing Issue
Consider a government department that does not have any robust solution in place for sharing files, storing files in the Cloud, or backing up data. Internal staff and external collaborators will be backing up files and computers onto USB and other removable drives. The result will be increased security risks and loss of data and time.
- Security Risks -Viruses, worms, Trojans, and other malware can travel easily on USB and similar devices, infecting systems as they are plugged in by unsuspecting operators.
- Disorganization –Using file repositories without version control, creating multiple copies of the same file that is then edited by different users causes data to be overwritten and often lost. Creating duplicate copies and trying to locate the latest version of a document often causes delays and extra work for both users and for the departmental IT staff
The Security Standards in Government Departments
The Government departments are required to meet the government and industry standards to protect data. These standards provide guidance for building safe systems and networks, as well as keeping data secure. A strong security policy had to be ensured through two-factor authentication (2FA). The next challenge will be to find a file sharing and version control solution that would offer compliance with the federal government standard.
The IT team in a government department will need to
- Keep track of the comings and goings of the various files for accountability.
- Have the ability to set different levels of privileges for internal and external users.
- Centralized management of all connected devices, including the option to remotely erase data from lost or stolen devices.
- Monitoring tools such as reports on usage and notifications on system anomalies
Security has both advantages and disadvantages. Security policies that are too rigid make it impossible for an organization to function effectively. On the other hand, policies that allow too many exceptions to expose the organization to information breaches.
Their solution needs to
- Work across multiple devices as users had Macs as well as PCs
- Keeping data safe yet accessible to those with authorization
- Backing up files needed to be reliable, yet easy to manage.
FileCloud is your Solution
Government Organisations use FileCloud for its extensive and reliable functionality.
- FileCloud can synchronize files across all devices and allow users to back up the files and folders they need in a snap.
- FileCloud allowed IT staff to set granular access permissions, to keep data safe yet accessible to the right person
- FileCloudgives users the ability to lock or check out files to prevent conflicting changes.
- FileCloudsends notifications to alert users when shared files or folders are changed, helping them keep even better tabs on their data
- FileCloud also provides the ability to create custom file-based workflows to automate the procedure
Key Advantages of Using FileCloud
- On-Premise solution – Keep confidential data in-house
- Secure Access for government employees within the network for data integrity
- Admin access to all activities of users
- Remote wipe of mobile devices and revoke access to users
- Data backup ensuring the protection of confidential data
- Version control so that all documents and stored data is accurate and current, but old versions can also be accessed
- File Cloud customers save over 70% against competitor solutions
Manage Content Retention and Archiving
Simplify data governance by setting policies for automatic document life cycle management, including file retention and archiving. FileCloud offers many flexible policy types, including legal hold, archiving, and retention of deleted files.
Record is a document or content that an organization needs to keep as evidence for an important transaction, activity, or a business decision for regulatory, compliance and governance purposes. The ISO 15489-1: 2016 standard defines records management as “the field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records”.
FileCloud simplifies record management by setting policies for automatic document life cycle management from creation to archival and final disposition. FileCloud offers many flexible policy types, including retention, archival, legal hold, and admin hold.
As an administrator, you can create Retention policies to automate some of the processing related to protecting files and their folder groupings. This policy-based automation is designed to help secure digital content for compliance, but it can also enhance the management of digital content for other business reasons. Retention policies are created and attached to files and folders. These special policies allow you to define the conditions that enforce a set of restrictions on how each file or folder can be manipulated.
Provides 360* data protection by bringing data leak prevention capabilities closer to the content and users. Our simple, flexible, rule-driven Smart DLP system prevents accidental data leaks from end-users and can save enterprises from huge compliance fines.
Our Smart Classification engine automatically sorts your content into logical categories within minutes. This flexible content- classification engine lets customers create custom search patterns and metadata sets for business-related document classifications.
Our Smart Classification engine automates your PII/PHI/PCI Discovery. Find personally identifiable information (PII), protected health information (PHI), payment card information (PCI), and other sensitive content quickly.
FileCloud now integrates with enterprise Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. This new capability allows system administrators to monitor FileCloud alerts and audit events (What, When Who, and How) in one central place for ease of security management and complete protection.
FileCloud’s content life cycle management, classification, and DLP capabilities help enterprises comply with an array of data security regulations such as HIPAA, FINRA, ITAR, GDPR, CCPA, and more. Switch to our intelligent threat protection and safeguard your organization from huge compliance fines.