FileCloud ServerLink: Geographically-Distributed Multi-Site Enterprise File Sharing SolutionGet Free Trial →
Cloud-Agnostic Multi-Site Enterprise File Sharing Solution
Data Redundancy and Disaster Recovery
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to one or many locations. It offers complete data redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities. Even if one site goes down, users can access the files from a different site.
Low Latency Access
By deploying FileCloud ServerLink in different geographical regions, users get low latency access to the content. For example, employees from EU access files from server located in Berlin while US employees access files from server located in New York City.
FileCloud ServerLink is highly scalable. It is ideal for large organizations with offices in different geographical regions. FileCloud ServerLink technology synchronizes files across multiple FileCloud sites located in different data centers.
FileCloud ServerLink Overview
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to another location. Changes in one FileCloud server are seamlessly replicated to another site. FileCloud replication has the concept of a primary site and a secondary site. There can be many secondary sites connected to a primary site. Changes that happen in the primary site replicate to the secondary site. Similarly changes that happen in the secondary site replicate to the primary site. When there are multiple secondary sites, if a change occurs in one secondary site, that change is propagated to all secondary sites as well as the primary sites. Replication is done by running the replication client on the secondary sites. Replication clients are not required to be run on the primary sites.
FileCloud ServerLink Deployment
Replicated data includes the following:
- Files and Folders (Managed Storage Only)
- User Accounts
- User Groups
- Favorites and Favorite Lists
- File and Folder Shares
- Folder Level Permissions
If you are using s service hosted on the cloud and it goes down, even a few hours of downtime can cause irreversible damages. ServerLink is ideal for large government and private sector organizations. Using FileCloud ServerLink, organizations can keep access to their data even during unforeseen emergency events like natural disasters (earth quakes, hurricanes, and floods), large scale cyber attacks (ransomware, malware, and DOS attacks) and geopolitical events (trade wars and embargos).Get Free Trial →
Sign up for a 14 days FREE trial
Multi-Datacenter Site Replication
FileCloud ServerLink offers complete site replication among ServerLink sites/nodes installed in multiple data centers located in different geographical regions.
On-Premise and Cloud
Have one FileCloud site deployed locally on the LAN for fast local access and one FileCloud site deployed on the cloud for remote file access. In this case the local FileCloud site can be connected by ServerLink to the remote FileCloud site on the cloud to keep data replicated seamlessly.
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to one or many locations. It offers data redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities.
Data recovery capabilities are one of the major benefits of ServerLink. If one site goes down users can access the files from a different site.
ServerLink is ideal for organizations having a headquarters in one geographical location but branches in other geographical locations. If there is a single FileCloud server serving the headquarters, the branch offices will observe increased latency when accessing files remotely.
- To alleviate the problem, the branch offices can each have their own FileCloud site with each being a mirror of the main FileCloud site at HQ. Each branch office FileCloud site is a secondary site to the primary FileCloud site at HQ.
- An organization might want a FileCloud site hosted locally on the LAN for fast local access and a remote site on the cloud for remote file access. In this case the local FileCloud site can be connected by ServerLink to the remote FileCloud site on the cloud to keep data replicated.
- An organization might want another FileCloud site as a standby or backup, so that if the primary site goes down, the standby site can be available for continued operations.
ServerLink Keeps Entire Sites in Sync With Each Another.
- Although ServerLink tries to replicate changes as quickly as it can, replication is not instantaneous, and changes in one site can take some time to be propagated to another site. Users and Administrators should be aware of this fact and make sure this is taken into account by their business processes.
- Changes occurring to both sites on a single file will result in the change in the primary site “winning”. The other version changed in the site will be available in “previous versions” and might never make it to the primary site.
- In most conflict scenarios like these, the primary site’s change will apply and overwrite the secondary site changes. The recommendation is to avoid working on same sets of files in primary site and secondary site at the same time.