FileCloud ServerLink - Geographically Distributed Multi-site Enterprise File Sharing SolutionGet Free Trial →
Cloud-Agnostic Multi-site Enterprise File Sharing Solution
Data Redundancy/ Disaster Recovery
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to one or many locations.It offers complete data redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities. Even if one site goes down users can access the files from a different site.
Low Latency Access
By deploying FileCloud ServerLink on different geographical regions, users get low latency access to the content. For example, employees from EU access files from server located in berlin while US employees access files from server located in NY.
FileCloud ServerLink is highly scalable. It is ideal for large organization with offices in different geographical regions. FileCloud ServerLink technology synchronizes files across multiple FileCloud sites located in different data centers.
FileCloud ServerLink Overview
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to another location. Changes in one FileCloud server are seamlessly replicated to another site. FileCloud replication has the concept of a master site and a slave site. There can be many slave sites connected to a master site. Changes that happen in the master replicate to the slave. Similarly changes that happen in the slave replicate to the master. When there are multiple slaves, if a change happens in one slave, that change is propagated to all slaves as well as the master. Replication is done by running the replication client on the slaves. Replication clients are not required to be run on the master.
FileCloud ServerLink Deployment
Replicated data includes the following:
- Files and Folders (Managed Storage Only)
- User Accounts
- User Groups
- Favorites and Favorite Lists
- File and Folder Shares
- Folder Level Permissions
If you are using cloud and it goes down, even a few hours of downtime can cause irreversible damages. ServerLink is ideal for large government and non-government organizations. Using FileCloud ServerLink, organizations can keep access to their data even during unforeseen emergency events like natural disasters (earth quakes, hurricanes and floods), large scale cyber attacks (Ransomware, malware and Dos attack) and geo-political events (Trade war and Embargos).Get Free Trial →
Sign up for a 14 days FREE trial
Multi Datacenter Site Replication
FileCloud ServerLink offers complete site replication among ServerLink sites/nodes installed in multiple data centers located in different geographical regions.
On-premise and Cloud
Have one FileCloud site deployed locally on the LAN for fast local access and one FileCloud site deployed on the cloud for remote file access. In this case the local FileCloud site can be connected by ServerLink to the remote FileCloud site on the cloud to keep data replicated seamlessly.
FileCloud ServerLink replicates a FileCloud site to one or many locations. It offers data redundancy and disaster recovery capabilities.
Data recovery capabilities are one of the major benefits of ServerLink. If one site goes down users can access the files from a different site.
ServerLink is ideal for organizations having a HQ in one geographic location but branches in other geographical locations. If there is a single FileCloud server serving the headquarters, the branch offices will observe increased latency when accessing files remotely.
- To alleviate the problem the branch offices can each have their own FileCloud site with each being a mirror of the main FileCloud site at HQ. Each branch office FileCloud site is a slave to the master FileCloud site at HQ.
- An organization might want a FileCloud site locally on the LAN for fast local access and a remote site on the cloud for remote file access. In this case the local FileCloud site can be connected by serverlink to the remote FileCloud site on the cloud to keep data replicated.
- An organization might want another FileCloud site as a standby or backup so that if the primary site goes down then the standby can be available for operations.
ServerLink keeps entire sites in sync with each other.
- Although ServerLink tries to replicate changes as fast as it can, replication is not instantaneous and changes in one site can take some time before it is propagated to the other site. Users and Administrators should be aware of this fact and make sure their business processes take into account.
- Changes occurring to both sites on a single file will result in the change in the master site “winning” out. The other version changed in the site will be available in the “previous versions” and might never make it to the master site.
- In most conflict scenarios like these, the master site’s change will apply and overwrite the slave site changes. The recommendation is to avoid working on same sets of files in master and slave at the same time.