How to select the best cloud storage for business? Top factors to consider:
Not all businesses are same hence you should select a solution that solves unique needs of your business. Here are the Top 20 factors to consider when selecting a cloud storage.
- Remote/Mobile Access – secure access to remote files from variety of devices including mobile devices
- File Synchronization – synchronize across devices and operating systems, including mobile devices
- File Sharing – option to share files as link with users inside or outside an organization. Granular file sharing options such as private, public, password protected sharing.
- Team Collaboration – common team folders for teams to sync and share files. Ability to send messages, comment on files and have threads of conversation
- Effective User Interface – a good solution would have a right balance between ‘ease of use’ and richness of features. Intuitive features such as “drag and drop” files for upload.
- Virtual Drive aka “streaming” or “on-demand sync” – mount remote files as local files. Files are downloaded only when they are accessed and edited. Consumers get access to all their remote files without using much local memory.
- Content Creation, Collaboration – offer integration with Microsoft Office 365, Collabora or Google Docs to create, edit and co-author files.
- Administrator Tools – user management, user policy management, centralized device dashboard, real-time performance reporting and security tools.
- Integration – connect with existing infrastructure, enterprise file servers and storage.
- Customization – custom branding across user interfaces (logos, url customization), communications (emails) and policies.
- Data Governance and Compliance – granular file access control, user policy management, centralized devices dashboard, and data residency. Compliance with regulations such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), HIPAA
- Search – indexes content across repositories for efficient search, and offers advance search using patterns and search filters.
- Security and Data Protection – remote data wiping, strong encryption, data loss prevention (DLP), two factor authentication (2FA) and alerts on unusual activities.
- Content Analytics – provide insights on system usage, user collaborations, external interactions and risk/ vulnerabilities.
- Basic Content Management – versioning, metadata classification, user policy management, light workflows.
- APIs – a wide range of APIs to extend existing features and integrate with other applications.
- Data Portability – ability to move files to another system. Limited vendor lock-in.
- Identity Management – integrates with standard enterprise identity Active Directory (AD), and Single Sign On etc.
- Deployment models – deploy solutions across public, hybrid or private clouds, and on-premises.
- Total Cost of Ownership – some solutions offer some unique cost saving features e.g. FileCloud offers features such as unlimited free partner accounts, which could save you thousands of dollars.
Compare all the solutions and learn why FileCloud is the top among the best cloud storage solutions!
Based on public information available as of 03/16/2017; If any information is not accurate, please let us know @ email@example.com. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.