FileCloud Online - The Most Powerful, Secure and Affordable Alternative to BoxGet Free Trial →
Secure, Award-Winning Alternative to Box for Enterprises
FileCloud Online is your superior solution for company and organization file-sharing. Our services are reliable and highly secure, all without sacrificing user experience. We offer top of the line technology, packed into features such as granular file-sharing, device management, team folders, data leak protection, metadata, content classification, custom branding and more.
FileCloud Online offers powerful data governance features such as complete document life cycle management, retention, archival, legal and admin hold. Our Smart DLP and Intelligent content classification system offers seamless security to protect your enterprise content. Our Smart DLP system offers rule based contextual protection for your enterprise content.
For 100 users, Box Business Plus plan costs 30,000$/ year while FileCloud Online Enterprise costs just 18,000$/ year. Box Business Plus plan doesn’t include governance, KeySafe, DLP, password policy, and more. Unlike Box, FileCloud Online Enterprise offers all the things system admin require in one transparent price plan without dicing and slicing the features.
The Better Box Alternative
Box and FileCloud Online offer secure content management platform for businesses and enterprises. Both platforms are built for businesses and offer powerful features to securely manage your enterprise content. Box nickel and dimes its feature set to different pricing plans. Last time we checked it has 3 different pricing plans for business (Business, Business Plus and Enterprise) and 3 more pricing plans for Enterprises (Digital Workplace, Digital Workplace Global and Digital Business). Go figure!
Important security features like Box Governance, Keysafe, DLP and 3rd party integrations are only available on Enterprise suites which costs more than their business pricing.Compared to Box pricing, FileCloud Online offers transparent pricing and superior ROI. With FileCloud Online, all powerful security features are available under enterprise plan (costs only 15$ per user per month. Volume discounts are available). Box Business Plus costs 25$ per user per year which is 70% higher than FileCloud Online Enterprise pricing. For 100 users FileCloud Online can save over 12000$ over Box.
In addition to cost savings, powerful governance and Smart DLP functionalities, FileCloud Online also offers optional hybrid cloud capabilities which included features like file server backup/sync to the cloud and vice versa. Users can get low latency, fast access via LAN while they are at office and remote access from cloud when they are on road or work from home. With a massive variety of choices for data-center regions — US East, US West, EU, Australia and Hong Kong — we aim to meet all your needs, from data residency requirements to low latency access. Our files are protected securely through customer encryption keys, and all of our clients receive legendary support from professional engineers who will work with you to ensure your deployment is a huge success.
|FileCloud Online (Enterprise)||Box (Business Plus)|
|Business Model||$/user license||$/user license|
|Pricing for 100 users/year||$18000||$30000|
|Hosting Options & Features|
|IAAS (AWS GovCloud)|
|Storage, Sync & Backup Features|
|Large File Support, max file size||Unlimited||5 GB|
|Supported Local Storage|
|Endpoint Backup (Mulitple folders)|
|Mobile OS Compatibility||iOS, Android, Windows Phone||iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
|iOS, Android Media backup|
|Desktop Sync – Cross Platform(Windows, Mac, Linux)|
|Document Quick Edit|
|Document Web Edit|
|DICOM Medical Images Preview (e.g. X-rays, Scans)|
|Embedded File Upload Form|
|File Comments/Activity Stream|
|Security, Access Control & Existing File Systems Integration|
|Active Directory Support|
|Multiple Active Directory|
|Data At Rest Encryption|
|Two Factor Authentication(2FA)|
|GDPR Features (Consent, Users Rights, DPO Accounts)|
|Data Governance (Automatic document life cycle management)|
|FIPS 140-2 (U.S. government security standard)|
|Sharepoint plugin||Under Development|
|Google Drive Integration||Under Development||Buy Additional Product|
|Amazon S3/OpenStack Support|
|Audit & Admin Tools|
|Access and Monitoring Control|
|Mobile Device Management (Block devices, remote wipe, notification to devices)|
|Geo IP Access Reports|
|File Analytics & Reporting (Summary of Client Applications per OS & Type, User Shares, Active Files Managed, File Type Distribution)|
|Role Based Administration|
|Based on public information available as of 21/11/2019. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.|
FileCloud Online is a powerful, award-winning, enterprise file-sharing, sync and endpoint product hosted on AWS infrastructure. We have been recognized by the Gartner Customers’ Choice Award in 2018 and 2019, and were named in the 2018 Gartner MQ for Content Collaboration Platform. FileCloud Online is a fast-growing, privately owned company that, unlike many of our competitors today, answer first and foremost to our customers. We are committed to giving clients a clean, no-friction experience, and providing maximum value for their investments. We are the most powerful solution to file-sharing on the market, and we hope that you’ll let us be yours.Get Free Trial
Sign up for a 14 day FREE trial
No-Friction File Sharing
A clean, unintrusive file-sharing platform for you and your clients, vendors and partners. No pop-ups, no upgrade buttons, and absolutely no self-promotion at the expense of user experience.
Unlimited, free external user accounts for free of cost. You only pay for your user accounts. Standard plan pricing starts at 10$ per use per year. For 100 users, you can save over 12000 $ when compared to Box Business Plus.
Choice of Region
A choice between five major regions: US East, US West, EU, Australia and Hong Kong, allowing clients to store files in the best area for data control, low latency access and regulatory preferences.
Hybrid Cloud Capabilities
Offers hybrid cloud deployments where files stored in local windows file servers can be synchronized to the cloud and vice versa. offers low latency access from LAN while you are at office and remote fast access from the cloud.
Brings your business branding front and center. Starting from custom domains,logos, login page image to user emails, everything can be customized to reflect your brand.
Enables you to backup multiple folders from your PCs, laptops to Cloud.You are not limited to one magic sync folder.
File Server Backup
Regularly backup and sync your file server with your cloud. Get fast local access via LAN and remotely access your Cloud anytime, anywhere.
DLP & Content Classification Engine
Our unique capabilities in monitoring, preventing and fixing data leakages provide assurance that your corporate data is securely protected across all devices. Our advanced management controls and detailed activity logs further help clients secure organizational data.
Data Governance - GDPR
Simplifies data governance by setting policies for automatic document life cycle management, including file retention and archival. Offers GDPR friendly features like privacy consent, PII search and anonymizing access logs.
Customer side Encryption & Sandbox
Choose your own encryption keys for added data-security. Our custom site-sandbox architecture isolates every customer site from each other, ensuring maximum guaranteed security.
Top 10 Reasons Why FileCloud Online is Better Than Box
- More features for lower costs, including granular file sharing, admin portal, device management, metadata, Smart DLP, content classification engine and more
- Offers granular folder/sub folder level access permissions while Box offers only waterfall access permissions model. With waterfall permissions model, all folders inherit the access permissions from the parent folders which is not suitable for all enterprise sharing use cases.
- Offers encryption key management, password policy enforcement, document watermarking, unlimited integrations and Smart DLP for no additional cost. With Box you need to pay extra to get these features
- Offers data governance features like retention, archival, legal and admin hold for no additional cost.
- Platform to promote your brand – customize with your own logos, background image and custom domain.
- Includes windows file-server backup to cloud for no additional cost.
- Offers endpoint PC backup to cloud while Box doesn’t offer endpoint backup.
- Store your files in the region of your choice for data residency and low-latency access.
- Offers GDPR friendly features such as privacy consent, PII federated search, anonymize PII data to keep your organization data in compliance.
- Stores each customers file in a separate sandbox for maximum security, while Box mingles all customer files and metadata.
Who can use FileCloud Online?
- Large enterprises and Fortune 2000 companies who care about data security
- Architecture and construction companies that work with large CAD files and require hybrid cloud capabilities
- SMBs looking for a cost-effective but powerful file sharing platform for their business
- Design firms and customer-facing companies who want to promote their own brand on their file-sharing sites, rather than the hosting brand.
- Businesses from Europe, Middle-East and Australia who want to utilize servers in their respective regions for data residency
- Investment banking and financial institutions who want to use a segregated virtual data room for large deals and transactions
- Healthcare and pharma companies that need to comply with stringent data security regulations
- Government organizations and contractors that need to comply with ITAR regulations
Note that FileCloud Online is built and optimized for business use, rather than personal file-sharing and storage.