Try the Leading Owncloud Alternative! FileCloud is Growing Faster Than OwnCloud.Get Free Trial →
Best OwnCloud Alternative with Better Features and Support!
(Works on Windows Server and Linux)
Supports Windows Server
ownCloud doesn’t support Windows starting version 8.1.0. While this may be a strategic decision by ownCloud, Windows server is still used by a majority of the enterprises. FileCloud is the best ownCloud alternative that fully supports Windows and integrates with existing Windows Server. Additionally, FileCloud can synchronize local files and NTFS permissions with the cloud.
More Mature and Stable
FileCloud offers many advanced administrator features including enterprise security, device management tools, federated search and governance/ policy management tools. FileCloud offers simple UX (User Experience), better mobile apps, and many advanced features than OwnCloud.
Customers Love Us
Many enterprises, who seek an OwnCloud alternative, have already switched to FileCloud and they love FileCloud (4.8 stars/5 stars rating from customers in Gartner Peer Insights). Our customer support is well known for giving an amazing customer experience by proving a fast and accurate resolution to complex customer issues.
Detailed feature comparison with best owncloud alternative - FileCloud
FileCloud offers features like multi tenancy, end-point backup, offline sync, Microsoft office add-on and much more. Below comparison highlights why FileCloud is the best ownCloud alternative.
Pricing – Another reason which makes FileCloud the best ownCloud Alternative
FileCloud offers high ROI compared to ownCloud. ownCloud costs you $9,000 for 50 users annually, whereas, FileCloud is only $2,500 for 50 users annually.
ownCloud Alternative – More FileCloud advantages
FileCloud has a powerful admin system with enhanced security features for any Enterprise. You can access, share, synchronize and work on your organization’s files using any device. For enterprises, who are looking for a cost-effective ownCloud alternative, FileCloud is simply the best solution out there.
You also get unlimited storage with 100% control over your data with FileCloud on-premise solution. This is the reason that thousands of our clients trust us over other EFSS solutions.
Do you need more workflow features to power your enterprise tasks? Get role-based access, meta data management and control file/folder access, user groups and assign appropriate permissions or restrictions whenever needed. Get Active Directory support, allow remote access to existing Windows File servers preserving user NTFS permissions and full text search for easy use.
Secure your files with encryption protocols, Two-Factor authentication, and automatic anti-virus scanning. With smart notifications, file locking and much more, you have everything in your power to manage and control.
You can easily integrate FileCloud with office, outlook add-ons to edit documents in the browser, share large files on the go and use documents through office mobile apps from your smartphone.
- Data loss prevention
- HIPAA or FINRA compliant enterprise fileshare
- Strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom metadata sets
- Integration with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials
- Customizable workflows and Office 365 integration
- Mobile App Support
- Unlimited Versioning
- Text Search for easy file searches
- Selective Sync
- Document preview (with support for DICOM files)
- Real-time file sync
- Change tracking and audit logs
- User and role management
- Ability to control actions via user/group file/folder access
- External sharing permissions, editing policies, device location restrictions, sharing by device
FileCloud also offers centralized device management, policy management, federated search, role-based access, workflows, powerful admin reports, metadata management system, selective sync, virtual drive, unlimited storage, enhanced security features, endpoint backup and built-in ransom-ware protection which gives us Leverage over alternatives to ownCloud.
Free Trial >>>
Sign up for a 14 days FREE trial
FileCloud integrates with Active Directory, NTFS, Office Online, Microsoft outook & Office 365
End Point Backup
In addition to file sharing and sync, FileCloud offers endpoint backup. Onedrive doesn’t offer endpoint backup.
Mobile Apps, browser extentions
FileCloud Mobile apps are order of magnitude better than OwnCloud Mobile apps. Filecloud also provides Drive & other tools.
Branding & Customization
FileCloud offers customization options like custom logo, login screen, branded file sharing emails, Run on custom domain.
Multi Tenancy Support
Do you managed multiple branch offices? FileCloud supports multi-tenancy and reduces the overhead of maintaining multiple instances for data and access abstraction.
FileCloud offers powerful metadata management features to classify and manage files using tags and custom meta data sets.
FileCloud offers top line administration features for system admins (Device dashboard ability, detailed audit logs and reports.
Federated Search/ Compliance
FileCloud provides federated search to support E-discovery and GDPR compliant features. Check more compliant standards below.
FileCloud can be hosted on-premise or on any IaaS (e.g. AWS, Azure).
Remote Wipe feature
FileCloud supports remote wipe of files in client devices (PCs, Mobile apps).
Multiple Active Directory
Integration with Active Directory – users can keep using the same Active Directory credentials. Not only this, a single installation of FileCloud to authenticate against many different AD servers.
Run FileCloud on Azure
FileCloud allows Businesses and Managed Service Providers to host their own end-to-end file sync, share and mobile access solution on Azure Cloud infrastructure.
Take a Quick Look at the FileCloud Advantages:-
- FileCloud allows you to Self Host It on your own premises.
- FileCloud can be used on a Windows Server.
- FileCloud allows the use of Windows Network Folders with NTFS permissions.
- FileCloud integrates with Active Directory and users can keep using same Active Directory credentials.
- FileCloud offers external file sharing capabilities to share files with vendors, partners, and customers.
- FileCloud allows one to remotely wipe files on client devices (PCs, mobile apps etc).
- FileCloud offers strong metadata management capabilities to classify files using tags and custom metadata sets.
- FileCloud allows manual retention, sharing deletion policies and manual classifications.
- FileCloud provides powerful administration features for system admins (Device dashboard, detailed audit log, reports and much more …)
- You can change the logo and login screen, brand your file-sharing emails, and you can run it on a custom domain.
- FileCloud offers a federated search in order to support e-discovery and GDPR compliance.
- FileCloud offers security and permissions at folder/subfolder levels.
- FileCloud offers virtual drive & selective sync capabilities.
Learn more about advanced file sharing features
“Easy integration of FileCloud with our existing network drive structure was superb”
FileCloud - The best among ownCloud alternatives
Value-Focused ownCloud Alternative
- Access, upload, download, share, sync from any device
- Security and permissions at folder/sub folder levels
- FileCloud offers virtual drive – cross platform (Windows, Mac)
- Support for GDPR
- Integrated and powerful file analytics
Learn more about FileCloud features
“We liked FileCloud’s pricing, comprehensive feature set (branding, encryption) and the responsive support”
ownCloud Alternative - FileCloud offers better ROI
FileCloud offers better Price and much more to scale up your business ROI
- Save thousands of dollars every year
- Free unlimited client/ partner accounts
- 5x better value than the competition like Dropbox & Egnyte
- Amazing customer support
“FileCloud is by far the best on-premise file sharing solution.”